PDA

View Full Version : Shop Cats

Doug Shepard
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Rick Fulton's reply on the shop dogs thread ( http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=187164&postcount=13 ) got me thinking. Our shop cats shouldn't have to share a thread with them mutts. Cats Rule - Dogs Drool. Least that's what my cat thinks.
So here's my shop cat. P.K. (Porch Kitty) is a stray that showed up about 3 yrs ago and adopted me. The shop noise doesn't bother him one bit. It's sometimes hard to get work done when he's around though. As soon as he sees you sitting down at some task, he's up in your lap.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=15599&stc=1

Vaughn McMillan
06-09-2005, 5:16 PM
Doug, that's one strange lookin' shop dog you got there. ;) Funny how the best cats seem to be the ones that adopt us, not the other way around. (At least in my experience.)

- Vaughn

Ken Garlock
06-09-2005, 9:41 PM
Nice looking kitty you have there, Doug. Our Abyssinian is strictly an indoor cat that runs when the vacuum cleaner fires up :rolleyes: You would think that after 16 years, he would be used to it....

Cats and dogs are fun to have around, they give unconditional love. But, they also want unconditional attention, at least a cat does :D

Take care of the shop mascot.

Michael McDuffie
06-10-2005, 12:41 AM
My bestest friend Nicholas the imitation Maine Coon, passed away a few years back. He would follow me around like a dog and was unafraid of the vacuum to the point that you had to move him to vacuum.
He would come out to the shop to do some sweeping with his great broom of a tail.
Edward much prefers to keep an eye on me from the safety and comfort of the hallway.

Michael

Guy Baxter
06-10-2005, 12:59 AM
y'all probaly seen this before

Kevin Swindle
06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Here is my 16 pounder. I found him on a bicycle ride after he had been abandoned on a road out in the country when he was about 8-10 weeks old. He's been my best buddy ever since.

Bob Borzelleri
06-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Well...

Earle Grey and Gracie haven't made it to the shop yet. So far, their primary responsibilities are office related. Earle monitors the printer and Gracie has phone duty.

...Bob

Doug Shepard
06-10-2005, 5:42 PM
Lots of nice furball pics so far. Here's another one. I picked up this little 1 year old girl on the way home from work today. Aside from my shop cat P.K. I had another cat that had to be put down about a month ago due to cancer. It just didn't seem the same around here without two cats so I started looking on petfinder.com at the local rescue shelters and spotted 3 or 4 that I wanted to check out. Don't know yet whether she's going to be a shop cat or not. She's been home about 1-1/2 hrs and in currently on round two of exploring every corner of the house. Introductions to the other cat and the dog have so far been surprisingly easy. The shelter had named her Scotch due to her coloring, but that seems too much like a boy cat's name to me. I'm leaning towards Gidget (Girl mIDGET) because she's such a tiny thing.

Brian Austin
06-11-2005, 1:44 PM
Not a shop cat (doesn't like the noise) but keeps the shop dog in line when in the house....