PDA

View Full Version : A little gloat

Dale Gillaspy
12-11-2013, 10:25 PM
At the AAW symposium in Tampa this summer, I showed a piece to Jimmy Clewes and asked for a critique. During this time, Mark Baker, editor of the British Woodturning magazine saw the piece and asked me about it. One thing led to another, and this month's magazine has a little article about me in the community turner's section. The online version has pop up buttons with 3 other of my pieces. The original form that started it all made it to the collection of David J. Marks. I realize I'm not the first person this has happened to, and it really isn't that big of a deal overall, but I am pretty happy. I've posted this here before, but this is the piece that started it all. I tried to post the article, but it won't accept PDF files.

Michelle Rich
12-12-2013, 5:25 AM
If you didn't share this, who would? Congrats to you.

charlie knighton
12-12-2013, 7:09 AM
congratulations Dale, pat yourself on the back, and smile all day, good work

Roger Chandler
12-12-2013, 9:07 AM
Very nice Dale! Glad you shared a great story.........when we get a little recognition for our efforts, then it encourages us to keep on striving for greater heights..........congratulations!

Steve Doerr
12-12-2013, 9:54 AM
Dale, that is GREAT news. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see people (turners) get recognized for their outstanding work.

Jim Underwood
12-12-2013, 9:58 AM
Way to go! It's a nice piece and it's always nice to get recognition for it.

Is that metallic leaf in the inset, or beaten sheet metal?

Marc Himes
12-12-2013, 1:36 PM
Great story and a great piece. Congratulations!

Dale Gillaspy
12-12-2013, 2:12 PM
Thanks everyone. Jim, that is sheet copper formed and peened with a ball peen hammer, then torched.