PDA

View Full Version : D7 Saw Handle

lowell holmes
12-11-2013, 10:40 AM
In a recent post, I had a 3d image of this saw handle.

I have a plan in three different formats. They are dwg, pdf, and jpeg.

If anyone would like a copy, send a pm to me. I will be glad to email any of the images.

Apparently, all D7's don't have the same sawplate , so a word of caution, if you use the pattern, overlay the print with your sawplate and draw the holes and the end of the sawplate on the pattern before you cut the wood.

Jim Koepke
12-11-2013, 2:08 PM
Apparently, all D7's don't have the same sawplate

I have no way of knowing this to be the reason but my suspicion is the saw plate and the handle were put together before the bolt holes were drilled.

jtk

lowell holmes
12-11-2013, 3:02 PM
The reason I developed my own pattern is that when I downloaded a pattern from the internet, it did not fit my saw. I realized then there
is a probability that these were changed from year to year or whatever.

It really is not a big issue as long a whoever is making a handle verifies the drilling and the saw plate slot before making the cuts.

Mike Patrick
12-13-2013, 8:28 PM
That is a #7 the d7 tote was very plain with no lambs tongue, and three saw nuts was usually used on panel saws under 24"

lowell holmes
12-14-2013, 5:16 PM
That is a #7 the d7 tote was very plain with no lambs tongue, and three saw nuts was usually used on panel saws under 24"

Your correct, my saw is a #7 panel saw with a 3 bolt handle. I've been calling it wrong. My saw has the lamb's tongue. I went to the Disston Institute on line and identified my saw as a #7.

I had downloaded a 3 bolt handle for a D-7 panel saw. That pattern did not fit my saw. That's why I made my own pattern.