PDA

View Full Version : Delta Platinum Edition Shaper?

Jamie Buxton
06-08-2005, 6:54 PM
I just acquired a used Delta shaper. I hoped to pull a users manual and parts list from the Delta web site, but am stymied. Their search is by part number, and I can't find one on the shaper. The only labels on it say "Platinum Edition." Does anybody have know the Delta catalog number for it?

Michael Ballent
06-08-2005, 7:03 PM
Try to see if Amazon carries it, depending on the age they may have it in their system, the part number is usually below the description, otherwise you will probably have to search around on the machine to find the model number. It's either a sticker or some small metal plate.

Allen Bookout
06-08-2005, 8:02 PM
I do not have any information about your shaper but you are correct about having to have a part number to get anywhere with Delta now days. I just had the same problem with ordering a Delta splitter. I had to file a post and get information on another web site, other than Delta, to get the part number. There was no help from the Delta parts people on the phone. The people that really know about their products and parts must all be gone with the new mergers. Good Luck! Allen

John Miliunas
06-08-2005, 8:17 PM
Maybe drop John Weber an email. I know he does quite a bit of Delta-related stuff and he may have some info for you or, at least, a good lead. Can't hurt to try...:) :cool:

Jim Becker
06-08-2005, 8:18 PM
If you got the 3hp shaper and it's relatively "late model", it's likely identical to the "Platinum Edition" and the "X5" and...just different paint jobs. I believe there was even a "Grand Edition" around 1999-2000 that was Jet Ivory...

John Weber
06-08-2005, 9:30 PM
Here you go:

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/WS/WS2D.htm

John

lou sansone
06-08-2005, 9:47 PM
I actually have that shaper and have been pleased with it. I will probably replace it someday with a tilting spindle shaper in the future, but for now it works fine.

Jamie Buxton
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Here you go:

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/WS/WS2D.htm

John

John -- Gold star for you. Thanks!

Bill Fields
06-09-2005, 2:04 AM
I just acquired a used Delta shaper. I hoped to pull a users manual and parts list from the Delta web site, but am stymied. Their search is by part number, and I can't find one on the shaper. The only labels on it say "Platinum Edition." Does anybody have know the Delta catalog number for it?

Jamie:

My total experience w/ Delta is that they depend (foolishly) on their distributors for technicle info availability. This does not work in any way. A total failure of customer service.

Then again, maybe we are going about this wrong.

Like to hear any pro/con instructive comments from other Creekers.

Keep trying, as this is an important matter.

Best

BILL FIELDS

Allen Bookout
06-09-2005, 10:10 AM
The problem with Delta is twofold.

One is that evidently some or all of the people that deal with parts do not have an extensive knowledge of past and current products. They must have had a turnover with all of the things that are going on. No way to correct that.

Two is that whoever set up their computer system did a terrible job. It was one of the companies, or Microsoft itself, that set it up to work properly only with IE which is a BIG mistake. But the major mistake is that no one, including Delta employees, can search by name alone for parts.

Since the system is already set up I think that we as consumers can just forget it unless we either have the exact part number or can get the same from some other source.

To Bad!!!!!!! Allen