PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmas time...

John Coloccia
12-10-2013, 9:09 PM
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/jcoloccia/ItsChristmasTime_zpsedfe7637.jpg

Remember when you could actually go to a store and buy these in little boxes, along with the tops. I'm assuming we bought them at some Christmas store, or something. Maybe at a department store? I wouldn't know. Growing up, I think we had one box that my father inherited from his father...not that having a box was of any practical significance. "Johnny, what are you doing??? Don't waste one from The Box!!"

Brian Elfert
12-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I think you can still get those ornament hooks at just any store selling Christmas stuff. I know I bought some at Target or Walmart in the past decade.

Lee Reep
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
We buy those on close out every year after Christmas. Then we forget where we safely tucked them away ...

But we do know where the paper clips are, and can always make some. :)

Janis Stipins
12-11-2013, 12:04 AM
But we do know where the paper clips are, and can always make some. :)

Yeah, our tree always has more than a few delicate, heirloom ornaments hung with hastily-unbent paper clips. I'm afraid it's become a Christmas tradition for us. ;-)

-Janis

David Weaver
12-11-2013, 8:26 AM
Don't waste one from The Box!!"

Ahh, the virtues of thrift. "Don't waste" is almost an unspoken phrase these days.

(we had a box of hooks when I was a kid, but they were never "wasted" on common ornaments - and I wore a lot of clothes that said "irregular" with a big red stamp - don't see many of those any longer, either).