PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Industries - great support

Brad Schmid
06-08-2005, 4:02 PM
Well, good stories with a support organization are relatively rare these days, so I thought i should mention a good experience i just had with Leigh.

Over the weekend I was TD'ing a bunch of dresser drawers of many different sizes on my D4, and as I was frequently loosening/tightening the RH Support bracket knob, i notice it is progressively getting harder to turn the knob. Finally, it seizes up and i can't move it at all. Long story short, I end up snapping off the bolt. :eek: I think, ok, this is gonna cost me...

So today I call Leigh Support with all the part numbers for knob, washer, and bracket plus credit card in hand. I explain my plight to the polite person on the phone, we get everything lined out for shipment, and then the good news. Everything free of charge! I hadn't even implied in any way that i should deserve this. Sure is nice to know there's still a few companies out there that have no problem backing up their products. :cool:

My faith in humanity has been restored at least for another day :D

John Miliunas
06-08-2005, 8:58 PM
That's great, Brad! Yeah, don't it feel grand when a company steps up to the plate like that?:) Had something similar happen today with Logan Graphics. Bought an older Simplex mat cutter at that cyber auction place and found that the straight cutter was missing a backing plate for the blade and the knurled screw for it. Called Logan and, just like yourself, cc in hand. Figured the S/H would cost more than the parts. Wrong answer. The gal took my name/address and said she'd get them out today. No charge!:) And that was even after I told her that I had purchased the item used. Feel good for having chosen Logan for these specific needs!:) :cool: