PDA

View Full Version : Color Mapping Not Overriding.

Mitchell Tutty
12-09-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm using the Epilog Win32 driver and I just can't force the color mapping to override the general settings.
It's driving me crazy, read pages and pages of literature which aren't solving any problems.
And yes, the color mapping tick box used to override the general settings is selected.

Any help!?! :mad:

brian saban
12-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Look at the colors you are choosing and there RGB values, you probably need to change them in your corel colors or vice versa to match. Red is not always red, blue is not always blue, etc...

Mitchell Tutty
12-10-2013, 12:34 AM
The colours are a a full blue full red and full black, the RGB values as in corel are the same. Red: R255 G0 B0 Black: R0 G0 B0 Blue: R0 G:0 Blue: 0. These correspond in the color mapping and corel. It's got me tossed.

brian saban
12-10-2013, 2:56 AM
Look at the photo and check these

Mitchell Tutty
12-10-2013, 7:48 PM
Yes, they all match.

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-11-2013, 1:02 PM
Has the color mapping ever worked? Are you running the latest or newer firmware that supports color mapping?

Mitchell Tutty
12-12-2013, 4:08 PM
This is my first need for color mapping. There is the color mapping tab, so I don't see why it wouldn't be supported. Unless you're referring to something different.

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-12-2013, 4:55 PM
Give us more details. What operating system are you running on? Mac, XP, Vista? What is the make & model of your engraver? What is the firmware version on your engraver? What version of the Epilog Win32 driver are you using? What software are you using for your engraver?

jason herbst
12-12-2013, 6:03 PM
I'm using the Epilog Win32 driver and I just can't force the color mapping to override the general settings.
It's driving me crazy, read pages and pages of literature which aren't solving any problems.
And yes, the color mapping tick box used to override the general settings is selected.

Any help!?! :mad:

I've found that I need to zero the focus after I set it in order for color mapping to work.

Mitchell Tutty
12-12-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm running Windows 7, I have a 60 watt Epilog Fusion. I use Corel Draw X3 and I have version 1.04 Epilog Windows 32 Fusion Driver.
Hope this is of some help.

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-13-2013, 5:56 PM
What happens when you send a print job? Does it engrave at the default settings or not at all?

Are you trying to raster or vector or both?

Start with engraving something simple like a sheet of paper and draw some black, red, blue, green squares. Set up your print job and at the General page, set your raster settings to 100 speed and 1 power, then turn on color mapping and if there are any pre-set colors, delete them all. Then add black and red colors with settings such as 100 speed 15 power, 100 speed, 10 power, etc with only the raster option check marked. When you send the print job, only the black & red square should engrave with the color mapping while the blue and green may engrave either at the default setting of 100/1 or not at all. (Forgot what happens as I have all my colors mapped.)

Mitchell Tutty
12-15-2013, 4:55 PM
I have given it the simplest of tasks, such as red blue and green squares and at varying speeds and power settings, and even altered the sequence by arranging the colors, not only do the setting revert to the default but the sequence returns to being completely random.

Jean-Baptiste Rouquier
11-02-2018, 5:45 AM
For me, the solution was outside the Epilog driver settings.
In Corel Draw, when clicking print, I get a dialog with several tabs. The "general tab" has a "settings" button to open the epilog driver. But there is also a "color" tab where I asked Corel not to do any color conversion. There is still a color profile used that modifies some colors, but at least the primary colors seems to be preserved, and thus understood by the Epilog driver.

Specifically:
color conversion done by: Epilog, not Corel
rendering intent: relative (it's the default), not absolute

Steve Russell
11-03-2020, 9:44 PM
For me, the solution was outside the Epilog driver settings.
In Corel Draw, when clicking print, I get a dialog with several tabs. The "general tab" has a "settings" button to open the epilog driver. But there is also a "color" tab where I asked Corel not to do any color conversion. There is still a color profile used that modifies some colors, but at least the primary colors seems to be preserved, and thus understood by the Epilog driver.

Specifically:
color conversion done by: Epilog, not Corel
rendering intent: relative (it's the default), not absolute

My Hero!!!