View Full Version : Lie Nielsen No. 43?

Will Boulware
12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
So I was perusing one of those social media sites and got an update from Lie Nielsen about the hand tool event in Beverly, MA. Included in the posted photos was a plow plane-like object with No. 43 stamped on the side of it. :D It looked amazing! It looks like they kept the ornamentation on the fence from the original. Really a pretty tool! Hoping to hear more about it soon.

Anybody else see this? Has anyone even heard about it?

Zach Dillinger
12-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm on the waiting list for it... supposedly is due after the New Year. Can't wait :)

paul cottingham
12-09-2013, 5:18 PM
I really think you need to post a link, if you can, or at least point us to the website, my good sir.

Michael Peet
12-09-2013, 6:11 PM
Sweet, I've been waiting for this plane. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Mike Brady
12-09-2013, 6:33 PM
Sweet, I've been waiting for this plane. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

How long "after", and which (new) year? The new honing guide due at Thanksgiving has yet to appear.

Mr. Impatience:cool:

Steve Rozmiarek
12-09-2013, 8:07 PM
Oh really?! I'd buy one, where can we see a pic?

Ray Bohn
12-09-2013, 9:01 PM
So I was perusing one of those social media sites and got an update from Lie Nielsen about the hand tool event in Beverly, MA. Included in the posted photos was a plow plane-like object with No. 43 stamped on the side of it. :D It looked amazing! It looks like they kept the ornamentation on the fence from the original. Really a pretty tool! Hoping to hear more about it soon.

Anybody else see this? Has anyone even heard about it?

Is this what you are referring to? I think it was introduced a few months ago at a show.

http://whilethegluedries.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/lie-nielsen-plow-plane-debut/

Malcolm Schweizer
12-09-2013, 9:26 PM
I saw that as well! I even went to their site thinking, "I know this is not a plane they sell." At least now I know I am not crazy. That is one sweet plane!

Matthew Hills
12-09-2013, 9:59 PM
That really looks like a sleigh.
Unusual handle for LN.

Matt

Jim Koepke
12-10-2013, 1:02 AM
Here is a link to "one of those social media sites":

https://www.facebook.com/lie.nielsen.toolworks

Scroll down and then click on the image. There are a lot of pics you can go through by clicking on the right side of the screen.

jtk

Will Boulware
12-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Jim and Ray,

Thanks for adding images. I'm fuzzy on what the TOS allow and didn't want to overstep. Looks like a pretty nice plane!