PDA

View Full Version : Who Has A Coherent Laser That Cuts Metal ?

Dean Fowell
12-09-2013, 9:08 AM
Hey All ,

I have a Laser but I was looking for someone who has a Coherent Laser and have you cut steel on it ?

Regards

Matt Turner (physics)
12-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Are you asking about a Coherent laser cutter (e.g. the Coherent METABEAM) or a laser cutter using a Coherent laser head? We have a metal-cutting Kern system that uses a 400W Coherent laser.

Keith Outten
12-09-2013, 6:05 PM
Matt,

Do you think the University of Washington would be interested in donating their Kern Laser to SawMill Creek?
I promise I will only use it for research :)

Dean Fowell
12-09-2013, 6:12 PM
Keith,

Me to just for research I wonder how i could get one with out my wife knowing Maybe a Early xmass gift

Cheers Matt

Matt Turner (physics)
12-09-2013, 6:21 PM
Keith, if we did that, how would I do the important science research I use it for now, like making Christmas presents? :)

Keith Outten
12-10-2013, 6:54 AM
Matt,

It seems that you and I are engaged in identical projects right now :)
I'll inquire again at a later date, maybe your needs will decrease, thanks.

I've been looking at Kern Lasers for some time but I don't have the necessary workload for the machine to make a purchase yet. Still, I hope to find a wealthy benefactor willing to donate one to my shop so I can share my experiences here since so many others would benefit :)

Good luck with your research project and don't forget to share some pictures with us here at The Creek.

Dean, if I could acquire a Kern Laser for my shop I wouldn't mind if my wife found out about my purchase. The pain would be well worth the pleasure :)