PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser - 7 Years Old - Spare Parts To Have On Hand?

Ed Maloney
12-08-2013, 5:13 PM
My Epilog Mini 24x12 has served me well over these 7 years. I only had to replace the laser tube (a couple of times) and one ribbon cable. Anything I should pre-order to have on hand for future problems?

Larry Bratton
12-08-2013, 6:06 PM
Mine's 6 years old. I never thought of keeping anything for replacements since Epilog is as rapid as they are. However, maybe belts and the ribbon cable? I keep lenses and mirrors routinely anyhow.

Bill Cunningham
12-08-2013, 7:50 PM
I have a 24 TT that I bought 10 years ago.. I have changed 1 tube, 2 Ribbon cables(1 Y and 1 X), 1 display unit, 2 xmotors(one was a n/c refit from epilog) and one mirror.. I keep on hand 1 xmotor, 1 lens, 1 encoder strip just because it now takes 3 days to get something from Epilog rather than overnight like it used to, and I can't afford to be down for 3 days..It's mostly xmotors I go through. I'm still on the original lens and encoder strip..

Dee Gallo
12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I just got a spare mirror and a spare lens for my two minis (they both can use the same parts) just in case, since they are both about 5 years old. I don't need them, but you never know and I'd hate to lose time waiting for parts. It was about $150 of insurance well spent.