PDA

View Full Version : Think my Motherboard is blown...:(

William Milligan
12-08-2013, 1:49 PM
Turned on my Epilog Helix this morning...heard it position itself, went to my computer and sent a job to it...returned to the laser and there was nothing on the control panel...no lights, no LCD....turned it on and off a few times and fans turn on but nothing else. Randy at Engraving Concepts was kind enough to return an email about it this morning and said it sounded like the motherboard. Said I should take the cover off and look at it. If I don't have four LEDs lit on the motherboard it is probably the motherboard. I only have one...the second from the front....guess I'll be calling Epilog in the morning. Anyone have an idea how much this might set me back?...this hasn't really been a business for me since my day job keeps me pretty busy...if I have to put much more into the laser this is a VERY expensive hobby...:(

Larry Bratton
12-08-2013, 4:25 PM
It's painful. One for an Ext is about $900.00 Don't know about the Helix though. Out of warranty I assume.

Turned on my Epilog Helix this morning...heard it position itself, went to my computer and sent a job to it...returned to the laser and there was nothing on the control panel...no lights, no LCD....turned it on and off a few times and fans turn on but nothing else. Randy at Engraving Concepts was kind enough to return an email about it this morning and said it sounded like the motherboard. Said I should take the cover off and look at it. If I don't have four LEDs lit on the motherboard it is probably the motherboard. I only have one...the second from the front....guess I'll be calling Epilog in the morning. Anyone have an idea how much this might set me back?...this hasn't really been a business for me since my day job keeps me pretty busy...if I have to put much more into the laser this is a VERY expensive hobby...:(

Dee Gallo
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I got one last July and it was $1005 altogether with shipping.