PDA

View Full Version : first post!

rose byrd
12-08-2013, 5:25 AM
anyone out there know if the arbortech industrial carver fits a dewalt 28131 angle grinder?

Jerry Miner
12-09-2013, 2:43 AM
That's a pretty standard angle grinder. Should fit fine (I own a similar but different DW grinder and an Arbortech blade. No problem)

rose byrd
12-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Thats what I was thinking too. I had assumed this much after a good amount of research but just tried to mount the cover and it doesnt seem to quite match up with the other handle hole... I wrote to arbortech and they said it fits most 4"-4 1/2" angle grinders. This particular model is a 4 1/2"-5" so I'm wondering if its just a tad too big? I've sort of made it work but want to make sure I'm not just making more trouble for myself later. Thanks for the reponse.

John Downey
12-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Most angle grinders have a 5/8" shaft and use a step washer to take a 7/8" bore disk. I only remember a few that deviated from that, so you should be fine. If the specs say 5/8" shaft on the grinder, the Arbortech disk will fit.

Howdy from NM, btw
I lived in a bunch of places in Maine when I was a kid. I miss the climate some, though I remember hating it around March :D

Definitely miss being able to fish just about anywhere, out here you have to drive a couple hours and fight the crowds.

Jerry Miner
12-09-2013, 9:19 PM
tried to mount the cover and it doesnt seem to quite match up with the other handle hole...

I'm not sure what this means, but you may have to put a backing flange (like you would for a grinding wheel) on behind the disk to get it positioned on the spindle so that the guard will fit.

Your grinder has a 5/8" spindle---industry standard--- so the disk is made to fit it.

rose byrd
12-11-2013, 9:09 AM
the disc fits. the guard, however, does not.I'll ry to get a picture up later to show what I'm talking about.