PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a Delta removable splitter?

Allen Bookout
06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I cannot find the Delta removable splitter available anywhere.
I called Delta and they do not show it in their catalog. Any sources would be appreciated. Allen

Tim Morton
06-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I called and gave them the part number from this article
http://www.inthewoodshop.org/reviews/splitter.shtml

Gary Groves
06-08-2005, 3:49 PM
Woodcraft ordered for me.

Bill Fields
06-08-2005, 3:56 PM
Allen:

I just got a neat little removable splitter from Lee Valley--for only $14.95.

Recently heard that the Delta and others were spendy.

BILL FIELDS

Jim Becker
06-08-2005, 4:00 PM
Recently heard that the Delta and others were spendy.

True, but they also follow the blade for bevel cuts, too. An insert-mounted splitter cannot do that. The Delta removable is only something like $30 if I'm not mistaken. The Biesemeyer I use was $120, but was available for my particular saw.

Allen Bookout
06-08-2005, 4:41 PM
Thanks Guys! Armed with the part number that was in the article that Tim gave the link to it was no problem to order on line. Without the part number you seem to be dead in the water as I could not find it on the Deltamachinery web site or their parts web site and I even called them and the lady that I talked to had no clue to what I was even talking about. She just kept saying "well, I don't see it in the catalog". I suppose that the old Delta people that would have known are working on Dewalt or Porter Cable parts or something. I think I like the "good ole days" much better.

For anyone who needs this splitter the part number is: 1349941

The cost was: $33.30 plus $2.82 tax plus $7.00 shipping for a grand total of $43.12

It is in stock but there was a warning that it would take ten to fourteen days for delivery due to warehouse consolidation.

Steve Cox
06-08-2005, 5:30 PM
To those who have this splitter, will it work on my Jet cabinet saw (right tilt)?

Hoa Dinh
06-08-2005, 5:40 PM
You can also order it from SawCenter (http://www.sawcenter.com/unisawparts.htm).

It doesn't come with installation instructions. You can get the instructions from the link to SawCenter above.

Someone is selling a Biesy splitter (NOT the Delta in question here) for about $70 on WoodCentral classifieds forum.

No, the Delta splitter does not fit a Jet. I don't have a Jet saw but once I gave a Delta splitter to a Jet owner. He returned it after a few days, saying that he couldn't install it and didn't want to perform surgery on his Jet.

Bill Fields
06-08-2005, 6:43 PM
Jim is correct. My Hitachi CF10L TS comes with a decent splitter/guard, but it was a 3-5minute job to remove it--until I rigged an external quick release that allows removal in 5 seconds.

Have not installed the insert splitter yet, but it got good reviews.

BILL FIELDS

Charles McKinley
06-14-2005, 12:31 AM
I performed minor modifications on the Delta splitter and it works quite well on my PM 66. Mine came with the Biesmier (sp?) over arm gaurd. Someone here or Wood Central posted the directions on what needed nipped and drilled. I think I still have the instruction on my computer if you are interested.

I bought the over arm gaurd through Redmond Machinery on scratch and dent.

Allen Bookout
06-14-2005, 8:46 AM
Thanks Charles! I did think about modifying the origional Delta splitter that came with my saw but with help form Tim I was finally able to come up with the part number and ordered the Delta removable splitter. Was not very expensive and saved me some work. I also would have considered the Biesy one that Hoa mentioned that was for sale on Wood Central but had already ordered the Delta.

Joe Unni
06-14-2005, 5:47 PM
Allen,

Just received mine today. Ordered on the 4th - 10 days exactly.

Good luck,
-joe