PDA

View Full Version : Adapting a Festool Vac. to a Ceros Sander

Ken Krawford
12-07-2013, 4:50 PM
It looks like you should be able to pop the plastic fitting off the end of a Festool vacuum and then thread the hose into the sander's dust collection port. I can't seem to get the plastic end piece free from the vacuum hose. Anyone have any ideas?

Jeff A. Smith
12-07-2013, 6:10 PM
It looks like you should be able to pop the plastic fitting off the end of a Festool vacuum and then thread the hose into the sander's dust collection port. I can't seem to get the plastic end piece free from the vacuum hose. Anyone have any ideas?

Can you just cut the hose at the fitting?

Sam Murdoch
12-07-2013, 6:13 PM
If you look at the end of the hose end fitting you will see 2 slots. Push a screw driver into the slots to release the locking ring. It will unscrew easily.

Ken Krawford
12-07-2013, 6:15 PM
I was able to release the unlocking ring. It the "unscrew easily" that I'm having trouble with.

If you look at the end of the hose end fitting you will see 2 slots. Push a screw driver into the slots to release the locking ring. It will unscrew easily.

Ken Krawford
12-07-2013, 6:38 PM
I ended up cutting off the end of the hose. It took a huge amount of effort with needle nosed pliers to pull the remnant out of the coupling.

Greg Mann
12-07-2013, 6:46 PM
Left hand thread.

Tom Ewell
12-07-2013, 8:22 PM
The mirka hose for ceros fits festool vacs, I just swap out the hoses depending on which gear I'm using.
Yes, left hand thread :)

Ken Krawford
12-07-2013, 9:46 PM
Man, do I feel stupid. Whoa thunk - a left hand thread. Thanks guys.