PDA

View Full Version : calendar

ray hampton
12-07-2013, 4:04 PM
I need some pointers about hanging calendars
will a magnet hold the calendar to a steel sheet ?

Brian Elfert
12-07-2013, 4:46 PM
My parents use a magnetic metal clip exactly like the attached picture to hold a calendar on metal.

Joe Kieve
12-08-2013, 1:50 PM
We use a couple of these to hang a calendar on the side of the refrigerator. Been using the same pair for years.
http://apex.emovendollc.netdna-cdn.com/media/extendware/ewminify/media/inline/b0/d/magnethook12-5.jpg

ray hampton
12-08-2013, 2:11 PM
Brian & Joe , thank you both

Keith Outten
12-08-2013, 6:31 PM
Hard drive magnets will hold up your calendar and a whole lot more. I use them all over my shop, I even hang heavy steel parts on magnets attached to wire I attach to my garage door frame to spray paint. The old SCSI drive magnets are so powerful you have to be careful when you handle them, you can get a blood blister real quick if your finger gets between the magnet and a piece of steel.

ray hampton
12-08-2013, 7:16 PM
Hard drive magnets will hold up your calendar and a whole lot more. I use them all over my shop, I even hang heavy steel parts on magnets attached to wire I attach to my garage door frame to spray paint. The old SCSI drive magnets are so powerful you have to be careful when you handle them, you can get a blood blister real quick if your finger gets between the magnet and a piece of steel.

or between two magnets, I ponder this problem for a number of years but never found the ideal solution, I even thought about using a clip board BUT I like the magnet idea better

Greg Portland
12-09-2013, 5:07 PM
Lee Valley sells rare earth magnets if you don't have any old HDDs laying around to cannibalize.

ray hampton
12-09-2013, 6:09 PM
thanks greg