PDA

View Full Version : Quick tip on saving $ on the Corel Upgrade

Bruce Clumpner
12-07-2013, 1:48 PM
Something interesting happened when I was looking at the latest CD product sale... Got an email directly from the company with fairly good pricing on the upgrade to X6.. Logged into CD's website and got almost all the way through the sale and decided to think about it some more, and just left the upgrade in my shopping cart...

The next day, I received a reminder that I left the transaction unfinished and they offered another 5% just to make the sale... Walked away with the upgrade and their extras for $151.05 plus free shipping for the box.

Now all I have to do is read the upgrade thread a couple more time, just to make sure I don't screw up all my old files..

So if you are thinking about the upgrade, just let your order sit in the shopping cart for a day or two to save another $10.

-bc

Lee Reep
12-07-2013, 3:08 PM
Any chance that might work with Lee Valley? :)

David Somers
12-07-2013, 8:43 PM
It certainly works on Amazon. If I leave stuff in my wish list a while I will eventually either see it has dropped in price, or will get an email from Amazon with a special notice about a great price on a product I might be interested in, that just happens to be in my wish list.

I have also noticed their price on the same item varies greatly on where you are logging in from geographically. I tried an experiment with friends where we all looked up the same item at roughly the same time. Me in Seattle, another up near the Canadian Border, a third in Upstate NY, and a 4rth down in CA. All the prices were different and there was quite a range. Seattle and CA were the highest of course.

Not sure how consistent this is. We only tried once for giggles.

Dave

Chuck Stone
12-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I have also noticed their price on the same item varies greatly on where you are logging in from geographically.

There's a good argument for using a proxy..

Are you sure it is related to geography and not something in your computer?
I know that people get different results in search engines, I head it was related
to the browser's cache, but I'm not certain that was it. But I do know that
while talking on the phone to someone and both looking up the same thing at
the same time, we'd get similar but different results..

David Somers
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Morning Chuck!

It is not conclusive, but I did play with Amazon by myself, on one computer, hunting for an item logged as me, then clearing my cache and cookies and hunting for that item without logging in. Different prices. Then cleared cache and cookies again, waited 10 and tried. A different price, but only a slight variation against the previous no logon, cleared cache results. Not conclusive by any means. But pretty consistent.

Perhaps I can get a grant to study this phenomenon? <grin>