PDA

View Full Version : Looming White Death - Nice Knowing All of You

Rich Riddle
12-06-2013, 5:15 AM
White death is nearing the area surrounding Cincinnati. Yesterday all the grocery stores and gas stations filled to capacity, the forecasters indicated by six o'clock in the morning we would have between five and nine inches of snow and that most businesses and schools would close. Unless the skies open and dump vast quantities of snow in the next 45 minutes it appears as though people demonstrated unfounded fears-no snow in sight.

But the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Mike Cutler
12-06-2013, 5:23 AM
These forecasters need to stop sensationalizing every winter storm and putting folks into a hoarding frenzy.
Keep the tank full, have some gas for the generator, and just wait it out.

Brian Elfert
12-06-2013, 7:40 AM
We had 6 inches of snow here this week and life goes on. The biggest impact is to traffic. Because it was right at 32 degrees during the snow storm and now the temperatures are near zero our roads are really screwed up. There are some roads all rutted up with ice and now it is too cold for salt to melt the ice.

Bruce Page
12-06-2013, 12:21 PM
We got 6" of snow yesterday morning. Sure was glad I didn't have to go anywhere.

Erik Loza
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
It is cold and wet here but not the ice storm which the news was talking about. Mother in Law is frozen in, in Dallas, though.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Rich Riddle
12-06-2013, 12:55 PM
We are just now getting our first few flakes of snow. Hours and hours after they predicted it. By now they said we would have a foot or more. We did get some freezing rain but nothing bad.

David Weaver
12-06-2013, 1:26 PM
I can't remember the last time here in a suburban area that the burbs too more than 24 hours to clear. Actually, I can't remember the last time it snowed and the road wasn't plowed by the township before I woke up. The times roads have been off limits to those with sense are measured in hours, despite the fact that it snows a fair amount here.

But that doesn't stop people from raiding the grocery store that they could just raid the next day to satisfy their need to raid.

Jim Rabon
12-06-2013, 1:36 PM
Iced in here in the Dallas area. Treacherous out there on the roads.

Stephen Cherry
12-06-2013, 1:45 PM
I need to go get milk and wonder bread.

ray hampton
12-07-2013, 4:48 PM
We are just now getting our first few flakes of snow. Hours and hours after they predicted it. By now they said we would have a foot or more. We did get some freezing rain but nothing bad.

I went out today and move the snow from the windshield , maybe 4 inches plus a thin coat of ice

Matt Marsh
12-07-2013, 5:29 PM
White death is nearing the area surrounding Cincinnati. Yesterday all the grocery stores and gas stations filled to capacity, the forecasters indicated by six o'clock in the morning we would have between five and nine inches of snow and that most businesses and schools would close. Unless the skies open and dump vast quantities of snow in the next 45 minutes it appears as though people demonstrated unfounded fears-no snow in sight.

But the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

We got he double whammy here in the Lake George/Bemidji MN area, about 17 inches total from Tuesday through Thursday. I don't think the schools were even late. The snow stopped, but the temperature dropped. I had -28 F here this morning around sunrise.

ray hampton
12-07-2013, 5:39 PM
We got he double whammy here in the Lake George/Bemidji MN area, about 17 inches total from Tuesday through Thursday. I don't think the schools were even late. The snow stopped, but the temperature dropped. I had -28 F here this morning around sunrise.

I wonder what the snow fall is this season way up in Alaska, 17 feet ?
I not saying this to upset anyone

ed malcom
12-07-2013, 6:35 PM
We are right up to the Arkansas line below Joplin and we had sleet and freezing rain most of yesterday. Last night it got down to minus 2 and about 8 inches of snow. The roads are terrible with the ice and they are calling for more ice tonight. Worst went just south of us though