PDA

View Full Version : Cutting rounded edges

Mitchell Tutty
12-05-2013, 6:45 PM
I have a 60 watt Epilog Fusion and I'm having a lot of trouble cutting rounded corners.

If I draw in Corel a Regular Rectangle and then round the corners the laser runs fast and smooth and cuts true along the x and y axis, even straight lines in both x and y axis, but as soon as it tries to tackle any sort of curve it jitteres, runs at about half the speed, and either makes a poorer quality cut, or wont cut at all. If I draw an oval or perfect circle, same thing happens.

I originally thought it was an issue with the Corel was drawing curves, so I drew the same shape in CASmate and imported it into Corel and same result. I even drew the shape again in CASmate and sent it directly to the laser from Casmate and still nothing better. I don't believe it's a bed levelling issue, as it does the same thing regardless of where the shape is placed and only occurs on curved lines.

Any information would be great help.

Dan Hintz
12-05-2013, 6:48 PM
Sounds like you're getting bit by drivers not handling curved shapes well. Steve (Scott) will likely provide a useful answer about what settings will allow for better cutting... my guess is it will be "slow things down dramatically".

Mitchell Tutty
12-05-2013, 6:53 PM
It just isn't being recognized as a curve, it cuts it as little stairsteps it's pathetic.

Mitchell Tutty
12-05-2013, 7:14 PM
SOLVED! Quick two minute phonecall to my local Epilog rep and boom. Was worried it was a hardward problem, Corel just wasn't sending beziers and paths to the laser.

Larry Bratton
12-06-2013, 10:05 AM
So, what was the fix?

SOLVED! Quick two minute phonecall to my local Epilog rep and boom. Was worried it was a hardward problem, Corel just wasn't sending beziers and paths to the laser.

Michael Gonzales
12-07-2013, 5:49 AM
So, what was the fix?

Man...So, what was the fix?

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-07-2013, 6:41 PM
My guess is it has something to do with Tools, Options, Global, Printing, Driver Compatibility, then check/uncheck "Send beziers and paths to driver"

Mitchell Tutty
12-08-2013, 5:32 PM
My guess is it has something to do with Tools, Options, Global, Printing, Driver Compatibility, then check/uncheck "Send beziers and paths to driver"

His guess would be correct! Sorry about the slow reply.