PDA

View Full Version : Help to identify this object with picture

Daner Steel
12-04-2013, 3:08 PM
Hello Creekers,:) I found this and I don't know what it is....any idea?:confused: It has a magnet on the back

Brian Tymchak
12-04-2013, 3:12 PM
Do you have a drum sander? It looks like it might be one of those ceramic guide blocks that sit under the bed to guide the conveyor belt.

Bill Huber
12-04-2013, 3:14 PM
I think Brian nailed it, it looks just like the one on my Jet 10-20.

Daner Steel
12-04-2013, 3:18 PM
Do you have a drum sander? It looks like it might be one of those ceramic guide blocks that sit under the bed to guide the conveyor belt.
Yes I do, And that's where I found it. I never put the drum sander together. My conveyor got ripped out and I think this is what caught the belt:eek:

Daner Steel
12-04-2013, 3:23 PM
wow, I thought it was a knife sharpener. Its from a SuperMax 19-38 I bought the floor model. after 1/2hr of use the conveyor belt broke. when I found this guide it was sitting in the center of the conveyor underneath. anyone know where it should be? I cant see it in the manual...Thanks guys

Bill Huber
12-04-2013, 3:28 PM
It will be on one side or the other, there are 2 of them, one on each side under the platen, the belt runs though it.

When you get the new belt the first thing you have to do is get the belt to track in the center.

This is my sander but it will be the same on yours.

Daner Steel
12-04-2013, 3:38 PM
Thanks...Ok I will have a look under there and look where it came out of. I just repaired the belt with glue and heavy tape...I don't think its going to last long but I do have one ordered. and getting that belt to track in the center is tricky...maybe because this little guide dropped out, but to track over more to the right do you tighten up the right side?

Daner Steel
12-04-2013, 4:13 PM
I got the guide back in place now...thanks Bill:)