PDA

View Full Version : Shut off Z datum in LaserCut 5.3

Brian Robison
12-04-2013, 2:56 PM
Is there a way to shut off the Z Datum?

Brian Robison
12-05-2013, 9:02 PM
guess not, I'll use the redneck solution.....

Dave Sheldrake
12-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Hiya Brian,

You mean the machine having a datum option when finished cutting for the Z axis?

cheers

Dave

Brian Robison
12-06-2013, 8:23 AM
Hi Dave,
no, the button on the panel, it's used for the auto focus. It's easy to accidentally hit it, and the
auto focus works about as good as the Epilog's, in other words, I took that one off after about 2 weeks of ownership. I'd rather manually focus than trust the sensor. When they work they work, when they don't
the machine crashes and really makes a mess of things. Not worth the chance you take IMHO.

Dave Sheldrake
12-06-2013, 8:33 AM
I agree Brian, they aren't that accurate either and like you say, when they fail the damage can put a machine offline for a while :(

I'm not sure how you disable it in LaserCUT though,there is a Z axis autodatum function but I'm not sure if that's linked to the AF though.

cheers

Dave

Pete James
12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't know how you can do it on the Epilog, but on my Hurricane/G Weike I just removed the belt from the Z motor.

David Somers
12-06-2013, 1:00 PM
Brian,

Could you make a little cover for the button on the panel? That would keep you from hitting it accidentally. Could be as simple as a little cup like affair stuck there with double side tape?

Brian Robison
12-07-2013, 7:41 PM
Hi David, yes, that was the "redneck solution" I was referring to!
I'll make a cover from plastic with a hole big enough for a pen, in case I really want to
use it.