PDA

View Full Version : Erik Loza had the answer

Howard Rosenberg
12-04-2013, 12:48 PM
About the Cabinet Saw post -
Contact the owners of the stores.
Describe these incidents totally objectively.

Then let them know you won't be buying -
- these large-ticket items
- plus the ancillary items
- plus supplies there

They might have their heads in the sand. And be content with being "profitable enough."
Once they understand how much money they'll continue to lose, it's a safe bet they'll look into more and better training for their sales staff.

But judging from the same knee jerk response from two different people, it sounds like just a little bit of knowledge has lodged in their brains. And that they haven't received full training. So they've flipped into default mode - manipulative and uninterested.

Good luck with your purchase.
Howard
BTW - if you ever want to see sullen and cranky service everywhere you go, come to Toronto.

Matt Day
12-04-2013, 3:15 PM
didn't mean to start a thread did you?

Rich Riddle
12-04-2013, 3:47 PM
It might matter and then again it might not matter. It could depend upon if it's a franchise or "real" store. Someone once said, and it might have been Eric, that there is a little margin in selling stationary tools unlike the old days. It's the extras where they make the money. In any case many tool salesmen have the same personalities as salesman in gun shops, so know that going into the places.

Last month my in-laws purchased a new Honda. I told my favorite mother-in-law that the salesman was lying to her. She retorted, "Of course he is. I know that. He's a salesman and what isn't a lie is an unfounded opinion." I will remember that forever.

Dale Murray
12-05-2013, 12:19 AM
I completely agree with informing the manager/owners of those stores. If I were in the market to buy this week I would have been more assertive but since my purchase is months away I have plenty of time to look around some more and maybe find a local source I feel good about.