PDA

View Full Version : Drawerslides dot com

Randy Rizzo
12-03-2013, 9:55 PM
Anyone had difficulty with these guys? I placed an order on November 19. Two days later no tracking info. So I called on November 22. I was a assured that parts would be shipped that day and tracking info would follow shortly. Parts were supposedly in stock and not backordered. Fast forward to December 2. Still no tracking info. I called again, once again I was assured parts were in stock and they would be shipped that day, tracking info to follow. Well, long story short, no tracking info as of today. I'm going to call tomorrow and cancel the order. I have done business with these guys in the past and have always been satisfied I cannot figure out what's going on. Admittedly this is a rather small order this time, but in the past two years I have ordered close to $2000 worth of slides from these guys. Would not be the first time I've got burned, several years ago a company that I had been doing business with for years suddenly went out of business, bankruptcy, and they had quite a bit of my money. Fortunately it was all credit card so I did manage to get reimbursed.

Mitch Meyer
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Yes. I ordered $160 worth on January 19. Not a word from them; no shipping confirmation, no tracking number. I e-mailed them January 29. No response yet. Tried to call today (Saturday). They aren't open but I get an old message about hours during the New Year's holiday. They've charged me already.

greg lindsey
02-02-2014, 1:20 AM
With a reference from the "pay it forward "thread, I greatly appreciate your posting this info, you just paid it forward to me as I was ready to purchase several hundred dollars worth on Monday from them . I have it all in my cart, ready to go, but wanted to wait till Monday to talk live to someone about a few questions. Thank you, I will now wait and monitor this thread to see your outcomes, please keep us updated. Hope it's just a minor communication error and you will both get your items.

Mitch Meyer
02-04-2014, 8:00 PM
Called drawerslides.com 5 times today, throughout the day. No one answered. The phone message says that all customer service representatives are busy, please leave a message. The voice mailbox is full, so you can't leave a message. No e-mail contact either. Tomorrow I'll call my credit card company to stop payment. They charged me the day after I ordered.

Randy Rizzo
02-05-2014, 7:00 AM
Finally called AMEX since all previous attempts to get shipping info failed. Ordered what I needed from another vendor. After getting the supplies from the other vendor my original order from Drawerslides shows up. Never did get any shipping info. Did not open the box. Still sitting on the bench, if they want em back they can pay the shipping and I'm done with them. And that's too bad, don't know what happened there, my previous experience with them had always been good.

Mitch Meyer
02-05-2014, 11:09 PM
My dear wife called three times today, and finally got hold of someone. They assured her that the order would ship today or tomorrow. I guess I'll hold on for another week.

James Tibbetts
02-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Randy, since you haven't opened the package you should be able to give it back to the carrier as refused with no additional charges to anyone.

Randy Rizzo
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
My dear wife called three times today, and finally got hold of someone. They assured her that the order would ship today or tomorrow. I guess I'll hold on for another week.

same thing, twice! Each time I was assured parts were in stock and would ship and I would get tracking info. Ordered 11/19, got order confirmation. When I did not get shipping tracking called 11/22, 12/3. By 12/6 with no tracking info, I called AMEX to contest charges and placed order with another vendor.

Mitch Meyer
02-17-2014, 2:38 PM
Finally got the slides I ordered on January 19 on February 12. Of the 6 pairs (12 slides) of Blum a Tandem slides, 6 slides had a rear mounting tab assembly that was bent by more than 45 degrees. So I got my slides, but a day late and a dollar short, and with some extra calling and pestering from my wife and I.

No no axe to grind here, just want to let you all know what to expect.

Brian Elfert
02-17-2014, 3:10 PM
I had this happen with a vendor for one of my hobbies. He is famous for not shipping stuff, but he claimed he had everything in stock this time. He charged my card and three months later still no package. I contacted my credit card issuer and I had the package within a week after that. It shouldn't take contacting one's credit card issuer to get a vendor to ship in stock product.