PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slides &more..

bill kaminski
12-03-2013, 3:46 PM
Hello, I have built my first cabinet w/face frame for the kitchen. It has four drawers and a tall door for sheet pans, etc. I have two questions. I have BB full extensions..instructions are vague on one point, how much set-back for the slide? The drawer fronts are partial overlay. They have a 3/8" x 3/8" rabbet. Hope that is enough info. Drawers will be 18" wide, 4" to 7" deep,is 1/4 ply enough for bottoms, or should be 1/2 ply? Thanks bill

kenneth fleming
12-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Bill...setback depends on the slide. You can find specs on the slide and it will tell you.
Your bottoms will depend on what your putting in them. No matter what bottom you use groove it into sides, back and front. If you have access to 1/4 baltic birch plywood (usually about .23 inch) that makes excellent bottoms, as much stronger than your birch 1/4 (usually about .18 thick and less plys) from the Depot or elsewhere. If you use half inch just make sure that it is flat or it can cause your draw to rack as it is strong enough to control the draw overall shape, where 1/4 usually is not.

bill kaminski
12-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Thank you Ken, much appreciated. bill