PDA

View Full Version : What tools do you want Santa to bring you?

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 11:26 AM
To all you good boys and girls, what tools do you want Santa to bring you? To all you less than good boys and girls, good luck.

I only want one tool-related thing for Christmas, one of everything Rod Sheridan has in his shop.

Dave Zellers
12-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I already know Santa is bringing me a Dust Deputy DeluxeŽ 10 Gal!

Can't wait!

Mike Nguyen
12-03-2013, 12:06 PM
It will be a SawStop 3hp for me :)

Peter Quinn
12-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I've been extra naughty all year in hopes that Santa might bring me a big bag of coal to help heat the shop. Soon as I read we were in for a cold winter here in the Farmers almanac I gave up being nice, its a proactive strategy. Don't need much by way of tools or machines for the shop, and wood doesn't fit in my stocking. Seemed like the only logical course of action.

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Santa's got a healthy budget for you; love must be involved.

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Peter,

Doesn't the almanac claim you will be extremely cold as well as wet this winter? A snow blower perhaps?

Mike Nguyen
12-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Santa's got a healthy budget for you; love must be involved.

Yes, it's all about love. So you gentlemen out there, make sure to keep your wife happy. It also helped that we got $750 bucks Amazon gift card from American Express and Wells Fargo reward point.

Rich Engelhardt
12-03-2013, 1:02 PM
It also helped that we got $750 bucks Amazon gift card from American Express and Wells Fargo reward point.Don't you love those......? ;)

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 1:21 PM
Yes, it's all about love. So you gentlemen out there, make sure to keep your wife happy. It also helped that we got $750 bucks Amazon gift card from American Express and Wells Fargo reward point.

Brother,

If you figured out how to keep women happy, you will earn a lot more than $750 to share the secret. My Santa says she might deliver a lump of coal, if lucky.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-03-2013, 2:05 PM
Santa is bringing me a house with a new workshop for Christmas. Top that!!! Working dilligently to close the week before Christmas.

Ole Anderson
12-03-2013, 3:23 PM
While a Supermax 19-38 drum sander would be on top of the list, I know better than to ask Santa for something so large it won't fit down the chimney, so a Stanley-Bostitch 23 ga pin nailer is the most I dare ask for.

bill kaminski
12-03-2013, 3:52 PM
having asked some questions just now on the forum, i hope that my new(for me) kitchen cabinet works as planned. already got the pocket-hole jig

Stephen Cherry
12-03-2013, 6:16 PM
I've been a (expletative deleted) for a good part of the last several decades, one acquaintance of mine says it's been at least 30 years. So I'm hoping Santa will haul some stuff away. And maybe leave a few clamps.

David Hawkins
12-03-2013, 6:22 PM
A new Profile Knife Grinder would make a perfect Christmas..... but I know I haven't been that good :D

Erik Loza
12-03-2013, 6:25 PM
A Festool track saw (Babe, can you see this?....)

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Stew Hagerty
12-03-2013, 6:29 PM
Infinity COP-101 Coping Sled with Bessey Auto-Adjust Clamps. & a set of their Miter BIt Setup Jigs

Rod Sheridan
12-03-2013, 6:30 PM
To all you good boys and girls, what tools do you want Santa to bring you? To all you less than good boys and girls, good luck.

I only want one tool-related thing for Christmas, one of everything Rod Sheridan has in his shop.

LOL................Rich, does that include the shop cat?

Here he is, Sir Ellington Snodgrass III, or as my daughter calls him, Pookie.

I don't accept Christmas presents any longer, my family buys Christmas dinner in my name for 100 homeless people in Toronto.

It's the perfect gift for me, I don't have to store it or do maintenance on it......Hope you have a great Christmas and receive just what you want..........Regards, Rod.

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 6:49 PM
LOL................Rich, does that include the shop cat?

Here he is, Sir Ellington Snodgrass III, or as my daughter calls him, Pookie.

I don't accept Christmas presents any longer, my family buys Christmas dinner in my name for 100 homeless people in Toronto.

It's the perfect gift for me, I don't have to store it or do maintenance on it......Hope you have a great Christmas and receive just what you want..........Regards, Rod.
Rod, what kind of Hammer tool is that? Is that the sliding table saw? I do have one of those. If it gets all your tools, the cat is more than welcome. The winter mice who live in the shop might not like that arrangement; though I have really cleaned out most things from which they can produce nests.

Matt Meiser
12-03-2013, 8:18 PM
I don't have much on my list and I'm not super excited about what's there. One item I want I have mixed emotions as I'd like to have the item but don't want to support the company that makes it. I at least suggested an alternate source so if I get it some of the profit goes elsewhere.

?... so a Stanley-Bostitch 23 ga pin nailer is the most I dare ask for.

If you've been good ask for the Grex. I've had both...still have the Grex.

Rod Sheridan
12-03-2013, 8:24 PM
Rod, what kind of Hammer tool is that? Is that the sliding table saw? I do have one of those. If it gets all your tools, the cat is more than welcome. The winter mice who live in the shop might not like that arrangement; though I have really cleaned out most things from which they can produce nests.

Hi Rich, that's a B3 Winner sliding saw/tilting spindle shaper without the outrigger mounted in that photo.

The cat can have the tools, the kids will just sell them for scrap.........Rod

Gordon Eyre
12-03-2013, 9:23 PM
Oscillating spindle sander or a disc/belt sander. Must be a heavy duty one.

Mike Heidrick
12-03-2013, 9:29 PM
Kurt Vise Speed handle (really thinking of just making that one though)
Coaxial Indicator/Edge Finder
More nmtb30 tooling holders
Cobalt Drills
Over the air outdoor antenna

Duane Meadows
12-03-2013, 9:30 PM
With you, Gordon, on that oscillating spindle sander! Not sure where I would put it, but I'd make room!

Sid Matheny
12-03-2013, 10:02 PM
If I had been a good little boy I would have ask for a bigger shop. But .............

Sid

Joe Shinall
12-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Ridgid EB4424 Oscillating/edge sander or a new Vega TS fence and I'm sure some small items like measuring tools and some sharpening stuff.

Alan Lightstone
12-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Festool Drill. T18 probably.

Unfortunately, my 36V Lithium Bosch hammer drill still works. It keeps going, and going, and going...

Brian W Smith
12-05-2013, 5:36 AM
A hundred ton press brake would lift my spirits.Even have room for it.

Rich Riddle
12-05-2013, 8:08 AM
A hundred ton press brake would lift my spirits.Even have room for it.

Brian, wouldn't that size have to be a hydraulic model? If you are going to think, think big seems good.

Cathie Mylius
12-06-2013, 6:01 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and trying hard to get the equipment gathered up that I need to actually start making things. lol I used to do woodworking with my Dad and loved it so much! He is gone now, though. :( BUT.... I'd LOVE a dado set for my 10" table saw Santa... and a small tabletop band saw... and lots of screws, clamps, jigs and.... rofl Think I better get a workbench and an assembly table built... (need those screws real bad Santa!) It's hard getting started again at age 60 + a little, and you don't have much money, ya know?
Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Rod Sheridan
12-06-2013, 6:18 PM
Welcome Cathie, I hope Santa is generous to your shop............Regards, Rod.

Mark Wooden
12-06-2013, 6:24 PM
Real time off. I mean the kind where I don't have to run out to work on my "days off". No phone calls, no e-mail, just blessed, quiet, time off.

Lee Reep
12-06-2013, 6:33 PM

Wow, you have been good! I used a SawStop at the local lumber company to help the kid working there cut some strips off a full sheet of plywood. Really nice saw. I was going to get one this year, but invested in a Festool track saw instead for breaking down sheet goods. But I still see getting a SawStop in the future. I bought a Forrest WWII to give a little new life to my contractor-style table saw.

I am hoping Santa springs for a Festool Domino for me. I'm really hooked on the green Kool-Aid ...

Cathie Mylius
12-06-2013, 6:37 PM
Welcome Cathie, I hope Santa is generous to your shop............Regards, Rod.

Thank you Rod! Me, too! First 2 things I need to make are bed frames for 2 of my grand kids who don't have one. Yes, Santa needs to be real generous... lol

Rod Sheridan
12-06-2013, 6:54 PM
Thank you Rod! Me, too! First 2 things I need to make are bed frames for 2 of my grand kids who don't have one. Yes, Santa needs to be real generous... lol

Well hopefully you're not in that snowstorm, however I guess it would give you shop time if you had power...........Rod.

Frederick Skelly
12-06-2013, 7:33 PM
Jointer Plane.