PDA

View Full Version : Corel Captue Problem

Chad Fitzgerald
12-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I have Corel Graphics Suite x4, corel capture has always worked fine until recently. F7 is the hot key, target comes up, but then it wont do anything. i can move the target but it wont let me drag the area i want to capture. the only way to get out of it is control, alt, delete which bring up the end task box BUT IF i do that just right(havent figured out what just right is yet, it will then change the target to cursor and let me capture what i want.(But the end task box is in my way)
I can set it to capture the whole page which works fine but i dont like doing it that way.

Did i click something to change the settings???
Any help would be great, getting to be a pain.
thanks
chad

Mike Null
12-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Chad

I don't have the answer for Capture but I've been using a free program called Jing for years and it works beautifully on all applications.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Ronald Erickson
12-03-2013, 2:40 PM
I'm still looking into it (I didn't load capture when I setup X6, I am loading it now), but could your shortcut (activation) key be double assigned? The F7 wants to start "Caret Browsing" on my PC (a movable cursor used to select text) when viewing a webpage, so if you're trying to capture a webpage it might be related. You could try to change your activation key to something else and see if the issue still occurs.

Edit: Finished loading. The F7 activation key doesn't seem to cause any issues in web pages in Internet Explorer, even though F7 is the toggle for caret browsing. You can still try changing the activation key and see if anything changes with the operation.

Chad Fitzgerald
12-03-2013, 4:05 PM
ron, tried that, same results. it starts but wont let me capture until i hit cntry/alt then delete real quick. f7 always worked before. frustrating.
mike, i will take alook at that.
any more help would be great. I cant believe i have stumped everyone here.
thanks chad