PDA

View Full Version : Don't -----------!!

Dale Thompson
06-07-2005, 9:06 PM
1. ---Try to resaw, from 3/4" to 1/2", a board on your TS that is wider (6") than the maximum height of your blade (3 1/4")! :eek: :( Use your thickness planer or, if you have the proper setup, your bandsaw. :) The rest of the bad news is classified in the interest of national security. :cool: The good news is that there is FREE BEER AT THE FUNERAL HOME compliments of my only friend Indy (my daughter's Australian Shepard) and the local constabulary. ;)

2. ---Cut one letter in a clockwise direction and the other two in a counter-clockwise direction when you are using your scroll saw to "inlay" a three-letter monogram. :o Check your setup and make sure that the cut-line is angled properly prior to starting your cut. That's the BAD news that caused the whole board to be scrapped. :mad: The GOOD news is that I got two out of three RIGHT! ;) That's probably a first for moi! My brain has been lost for many years. When it is found, it will be thrown into the same "Potter's Field" that contains my miserable carcass. :D

Remember these lessons! It took me all day today to learn them?! :o

Dale T.

Jim Becker
06-07-2005, 9:14 PM
Did you make some boo-boos, Dale? Couldn't be. They are merely design changes and style statements. You, know...art!

Dale Thompson
06-07-2005, 9:42 PM
Did you make some boo-boos, Dale? Couldn't be. They are merely design changes and style statements. You, know...art!

Jim,
I'm going to try art. :) WWing didn't treat me very well today. Thanks a LOT for the sympathy! :p Maybe I'll see you someday on one of those "art" forums - if there ARE any? :confused:
Whatever, it's a good thing that I'm right-handed! I'll grab the left hand the next time I empty my DC. :eek: :)

Dale T.

Corey Hallagan
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I wish I could laugh at some of my screwups like you do Dale. I just get upset and poubt! Works for me. Funny stuff.. thanks for the laugh!

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
06-08-2005, 8:23 AM
Dale, as Corey said, at least you can laugh about them! I just throw something out into the road, slam the door closed and have a beer.

The next day I am over it though :)

Dale Thompson
06-08-2005, 8:11 PM
I wish I could laugh at some of my screwups like you do Dale. I just get upset and poubt! Works for me. Funny stuff.. thanks for the laugh!

Corey

Corey,
What's to pout about? If I had any brains, I would stay out of the shop and watch soap operas every day. That way, days like yesterday never would happen. ;)

Actually, Item 1 was the worst injury I have ever had in forty years of WWing! I have been VERY lucky! At the end of my second board, the thin end slipped into the blade slot and pulled my hand with it. As luck would have it, only my middle finger contacted the highly extended blade. It trimmed my fingernail and took off the epidermal, dermal and subcutaneous layers of skin and perhaps a sliver of the "skunk meat" underneath. :( It's kind of a scary way to get a manicure! :eek: In any event, it was very minor compared to what it COULD have been. I heal fast and no blood was shed on the wood. That's the important thing.

If things take a turn for the worse, I will go the the Emergency Room and have them cut it off at the neck!! :D :)

I guess that I was a bit "shook" because I repeated Item 2 on my SECOND try. :mad: This morning, I got up with a clear mind and a clean bandage and finally got it right!! :cool: :)

The positive part is that the pretty ladies at the bank, the post office and the grocery store saw my bandaged finger and gave me all sorts of sympathy. :D Usually they call the cops when I'm in sight! ;)

Dale T.