PDA

View Full Version : What price for this unisaw?

Todd Burch
11-30-2013, 12:31 PM
I bought this older Unisaw at auction over the summer. It was part of a lot I bought for another item. I'm going to sell it, but am not sure what is a good fair price for it. I would like to get a decent price, but still want to move it fast. Will probably post it on the local craigslist. (Ignore the motor and plate steel on top)

It has the "bullet" motor. 1.5HP. Rails, but no fence. No miter gauge. Does have a blade.

What's a fair price? Or fair price range?

Dave Cav
11-30-2013, 2:08 PM
I come from the OWWM/old iron side of the hobby, and I've bought, sold and restored several Unisaws. I think you're looking at about $250 for it, given your location and the state of the saw.

You might try joining the OWWM.Org group and then advertising it on the BOYD ("bring out your dead") forum.

Cary Falk
11-30-2013, 2:53 PM
$200-$300 is all I would pay for it.

Matt Meiser
11-30-2013, 2:55 PM
I agree--$250 max, and be prepared to drop from there. Older table saws have really dropped in price based on my experience. I paid $250 for a newer but more complete one early in 2012 which sat on CL for weeks and which had a somewhat rare 1.5HP induction motor I was able to quickly sell for $125. I don't think you can get that for a bullet motor without putting some money in it.

Dick Brown
11-30-2013, 6:40 PM
About a year ago, I bought 5 of them that looked as good or better, one with a Biesemeyer fence and Delta slider from 1h.p to 3h.p. at $100 to $200 each. Haven't seen anymore like that lately. Price may vary by area. I live in central Oregon

Todd Burch
12-03-2013, 9:36 PM
I put it on CL for $300 and got a call within 1 hour and the guy claimed it, sight unseen. He has since seen it and paid me- will pick it up Sat. Had another guy waiting for the first guy to cancel.
It's nice when it's price to move and it does.