PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley now sells Gramercy kit (but to only Metric enabled woodworkers)

Hilton Ralphs
11-30-2013, 4:12 AM
Earlier on today I noticed that they are now selling the Gramercy bow saw plus various blades and the kit.

Also from that stable is the renown Gramercy hold fast that many here like and use.

However.............

They seem to only offer this to Canadians. I suppose it must be an agreement with TFWW.

Seems fair.

Anyway, nice for the boys up north.

Jim Belair
11-30-2013, 7:21 AM
Yes, I was very happy to see LV was now a local source for these Gramercy items.

Darren Brewster
11-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm happy to see it too, but I would have been much happier if I hadn't paid $40 to ship a pair of holdfasts from the States two days ago. Oh well, no way I could have known, and still a pretty good deal, all things considered. It just would have been nice to stretch my limited budget a little further.

Rob Lee
12-01-2013, 2:36 PM
Earlier on today I noticed that they are now selling the Gramercy bow saw plus various blades and the kit.

Also from that stable is the renown Gramercy hold fast that many here like and use.

However.............

They seem to only offer this to Canadians. I suppose it must be an agreement with TFWW.

Seems fair.

Anyway, nice for the boys up north.

Hi Hilton -

We can't ship Gramercy back into the USA, but I think we can still sell to you....! :)

Will check that out on Monday....

Cheers -

Rob
(also waiting for the Bad Axe product to go up too....!)

bob blakeborough
12-01-2013, 4:47 PM
Bad Axe and LV = Happy!!!

Chris Parks
12-01-2013, 6:20 PM
Hi Hilton -

We can't ship Gramercy back into the USA, but I think we can still sell to you....! :)

Cheers -

Rob

Will that apply to all international customers Rob?

Jim Belair
12-01-2013, 7:07 PM

I suspect it will as Gamercy likely pegged with Tools for Working Wood in US.

Don't go distracting Rob now, he needs to get a bunch more stuff added to the Cyber Monday stocks. ;)

Adam Cruea
12-02-2013, 8:26 AM
Hi Hilton -

Cheers -

Rob

WHAT WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

You teamed up with Mark? AWESOME!

Is the Gramercy stuff only on a certain version of the website? I can't find it when I just go to www.leevalley.com.

Hilton Ralphs
12-02-2013, 8:37 AM
Is the Gramercy stuff only on a certain version of the website? I can't find it when I just go to www.leevalley.com (http://www.leevalley.com).

Adam, you need to choose Canada as your country. Click on the little flag at the top right.

Rob Lee
12-02-2013, 9:04 AM

Hi Chris -

We will be able to sell the Bad Axe items to all countries. The Gramercy to all but the USA.

The way our website is set up - International orders are placed through the USA website (Gramercy is only visible on the Canadian website) - so people will have to deal customer service to get the items added to their orders. I know it's kludgy - but it's very much an exception to how we normally operate....

Cheers -

Rob