PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday/Cyber Monday tool purchases

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 6:10 PM
Who here got a deal on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday tool purchase? Anyone purchase a Jet or Powermatic on sale?

Cary Falk
11-29-2013, 6:27 PM
Went to Rockler this morning. Got a $10 gift card for my trouble. Bought a 6" ss ruler, some painters pyramids, and some damage screw extractors for $5 out of pocket.

Passed HD on the way on my way home and picked up one of the 20" work platforms for $17, Bosch spade bits for $5, and a 6 pack of Irwin quick clamps for $13.

I didn't really see any screaming deals this year.

Dan Hintz
11-29-2013, 6:28 PM
Not much tool-wise this year... picked up a Makita cordless combo set (hammer drill, saw, multi-tool, etc.), but that's pretty much it for the tools.

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 6:38 PM
Went to Rockler this morning. Got a $10 gift card for my trouble. Bought a 6" ss ruler, some painters pyramids, and some damage screw extractors for $5 out of pocket.

Passed HD on the way on my way home and picked up one of the 20" work platforms for $17, Bosch spade bits for $5, and a 6 pack of Irwin quick clamps for $13.

I didn't really see any screaming deals this year.
I seemed to have followed your path. Went first to Rockler and used the 20% coupon on a new Freud Super Dado set. Bought a couple of the cookie sets on sale, and a depth meter. Went to the depot and got the Bosch spade bits and Milwaukee drill bits. They were out of the Sawsaw blades.

Nothing great at all out there. It's a good time for the Jet/Powermatic sale, but it's best to have those shipped to you free from someone out of state so no taxes are involved. Might consider the Rigid sander that everyone seems to like.

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 6:42 PM
Oh, almost forgot the used tool I purchased from an old farmer out in the country, but it's old and used. The old guy called it a pattern maker's vise made by a company named Emmert. Probably paid too much for it at $50, but it's all there and seems to work well.

Mel Fulks
11-29-2013, 6:56 PM
Rich,are you serious about the vise ? Congratulations!

Mikail Khan
11-29-2013, 6:56 PM
Jet 24" clamps are $25 at amazon. Sold by ACME.

Picked up a few.

MK

Larry Edgerton
11-29-2013, 6:59 PM
Bought a set of wheels for my 67 Volvo Amazon wagon.

I do haul tools in it sometimes.........

Larry

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 7:19 PM
Rich,are you serious about the vise ? Congratulations!
Mel,

The farmer listed it on the Internet as "old vise, $50." It's sitting in the back of the truck bed and night time, but here are a couple pictures taken to show you. It's sure a hefty vise. Do you know anything about these vises? The farmer said it could likely sell for more than he charged. If I don't like it, let's hope so....

Mel Fulks
11-29-2013, 7:30 PM
I don't think it's what you need . I'm bringing you a check for a HUNDRED DOLLARS ( U.S.). I m leaving as soon as the 'copter gets here. If you are serious you got a great deal ,if you are joking ...your sense of humor is weirder than MINE !!

Mike Henderson
11-29-2013, 7:40 PM
I bought a Li-ion 20V DeWalt drill - special at HD. I have two older DeWalt 18V drills and they're heavy as heck. As I got older, they put on weight, so I appreciate the lighter Li-ion tool.

I have a bunch of other DeWalt tools that are 18V, however.

Mike

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 7:42 PM
I don't think it's what you need . I'm bringing you a check for a HUNDRED DOLLARS ( U.S.). I m leaving as soon as the 'copter gets here. If you are serious you got a great deal ,if you are joking ...your sense of humor is weirder than MINE !!
Most here would tell you I have no sense of humor. Guess it's a good deal. Prefer old tools to new ones on most days, including today. According to the Internet this is a K1 Emmert, Type U3--an uncommon type. Hope it doesn't break if it's uncommon. Purchased to so that my father who's a professional artist can use it to carve when he's here. He's 83 and still active in the hobby.

Mel Fulks
11-29-2013, 7:53 PM
Well,there is lots of info on line about them. Asking prices are all over the place because someone who has one sees an ad where one is for sale for 800 or so, so they run an ad for the one they have. I doubt any actually bring that much ,but you got a great deal. Enjoy !

Lee Reep
11-29-2013, 8:04 PM
I would think I'd learn. I ordered a set of parallel guides last week for my Festool track saw from an accessories supplier named Seneca Woodworking. Today saw the Black Friday sale they have for 20% off. Oh well, glad to help the little guys prosper (by keeping that $40 that could have been mine ...) and besides -- I got them today, so I can start using them. :)

John Schweikert
11-29-2013, 8:18 PM
Amazon has the Dewalt DW735X planer setup for $469 with prime shipping, crazy good price. (I would add a Byrd head in the future) Planer is sitting in my Amazon cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet. My current issue is space, I have none leftover. Boat project has forced me to shove things in every nook and cranny.

Dave Zellers
11-29-2013, 8:41 PM

Picked up a few.

MK

The JET parallel clamp cabinet door set is $145 at Amazon w/free shipping from CPO. it was $239.

Just picked up one. 3 left.

Andrew Howe
11-29-2013, 8:41 PM
Went to rockler to get a few odds and ends and a heavy duty roller stand. I got a gift card as I was one of the first 75 customers in the store. Turns out I won the $250 gift card!!! What should I buy?

Alan Bienlein
11-29-2013, 8:53 PM
I haven't seen any deals on tools yet this year for black friday.

joe nattier
11-29-2013, 8:55 PM
I have been waiting to see if amazon discounts the LU85R012 Freud blade. I decided to goggle it and found one on ebay at saws4sale for $61.10 plus $12.95 shipping.
I tried to order two but it only listed a quantity of one. I'm thrilled with the deal!

Kurt Cady
11-29-2013, 9:00 PM
The JET parallel clamp cabinet door set is $145 at Amazon w/free shipping from CPO. it was $239.

Just picked up one. 3 left.

hate to to tell you, you can order the indiv components for cheaper at acmetools

Dave Zellers
11-29-2013, 9:12 PM
Not with the dogs and blocks and free shipping.

Dave Zellers
11-29-2013, 9:17 PM
Funny- I was watching the page and reloading after I bought and the number left went to 2 and then 1 and then 5.

Retail games.:)

Rich Riddle
11-29-2013, 9:20 PM
Funny- I was watching the page and reloading after I bought and the number left went to 2 and then 1 and then 5.

Retail games.:)
It's particularly entertaining to see people go to the "wait list" for items; you know they have more when they do that.

Kurt Cady
11-29-2013, 9:33 PM
Ok, southern-tool.com then

Dave Zellers
11-29-2013, 9:34 PM
Actually you may be right. I see the dogs and blocks are packed together and on sale for $12.50 which leaves $17.50 available for shipping.

Andrew Fleck
11-29-2013, 9:46 PM
Oh, almost forgot the used tool I purchased from an old farmer out in the country, but it's old and used. The old guy called it a pattern maker's vise made by a company named Emmert. Probably paid too much for it at $50, but it's all there and seems to work well.

Great find on that vice. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one of those for a long time.

Dan Hintz
11-29-2013, 10:06 PM
It's particularly entertaining to see people go to the "wait list" for items; you know they have more when they do that.

Amazon had a Black Friday special for a PS3 w/2 games for $200 (saw it early Thursday). Kept holding off on purchasing it for hours, but kept checking it was still there... yep. Went back about 2:00 that day to buy and it was gone :( Was upset, 'cause now I had to actually go out to Target at 8 pm (or GameStop at 5am Friday morning) and fight the crowd for one. Kept refreshing the page simply because I was buying other stuff... sometime around 7, just as the family is getting their shoes on to make the trip to Target, a refresh shows them back in stock. Trip cancelled :) Reading the threads below the item showed the same thing happened to a lot of folks... seems they let it go out earlier than listed.

<shrug> I got all I wanted, I suppose, never had to go out... though I did anyway, at the little woman's request. Old Navy trip for a few pairs of sweat pants. Line was to the back of the store and wrapped around, barely moving. I estimated it would take 45-60 minutes to get to the register. Told SWMBO my time was worth more than that and took the reigns for the evening. She went back earlier today when things had died down and still got the pants... but I didn't have to wait in line for them :D

Michael Kellough
11-30-2013, 1:23 AM
Most here would tell you I have no sense of humor. Guess it's a good deal. Prefer old tools to new ones on most days, including today. According to the Internet this is a K1 Emmert, Type U3--an uncommon type. Hope it doesn't break if it's uncommon. Purchased to so that my father who's a professional artist can use it to carve when he's here. He's 83 and still active in the hobby.

That is one of the most sought after vises. It is a pattern maker's vise and will be great for carving.
I payed $100 in 1979 for the same model made in 1957.
A Chinese (I think) knock-off costs $300 at Highland. (http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/patternmakerswoodworkingvise.aspx)

Rich Riddle
11-30-2013, 7:24 AM
That is one of the most sought after vises. It is a pattern maker's vise and will be great for carving.
I payed $100 in 1979 for the same model made in 1957.

My wife recommends keeping it located in the bed of the truck for adding weight for the winter months. Better not go to the woodworking club and leave it back there it seems. It will be relocated to the basement today.

Rich Engelhardt
11-30-2013, 8:49 AM
LOL!
I've got two bags of concrete in the garage that turned hard on me. I bet they weigh more than that old vice. I'll trade you even up & even make the trip down there to drop em off!

On topic..
Went to the orange borg to buy two motion sensor lights. They had buy one get one free. Since I'd already bought one of the same ones they were selling a week ago, I figured I'd buy the two, then return on. Turns out they were the same lights, but, a special two pack. Oh well, I can still use them & it was a good deal.
They were sold out of the sawzall blades and a couple other things I'd have liked to have picked up - but - didn't really need.

For the most part - and I'm a rabid Black Friday junkie - I noticed the prices this year were well above previous years.
My pet theory on this is that the retailers can't afford to slash the prices as much because of the increased cost of paying workers for overtime and holiday pay and the cost of having the store open extended hours.

I wish they'd just go back to the early opening on Friday and forget about this starting the sales on Thanksgiving day nonsense.

Richard Coers
11-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Picked up a Mirka Ceros 5" sander for $350 at our local tool store (Woodworker's Shop in Pekin, IL), and a Makita 12v drill/driver combo for $99 at HD. The Ceros was a crazy good deal, the Makita was at Amazon's usual price.

george newbury
11-30-2013, 4:25 PM
I bought a Li-ion 20V DeWalt drill - special at HD. I have two older DeWalt 18V drills and they're heavy as heck. As I got older, they put on weight, so I appreciate the lighter Li-ion tool.

That was about my only BF buy, my daughter asked for a drill for Christmas - But I got mine at Lowes w/ 5% discount.

Allen Grenz
11-30-2013, 5:34 PM
I bought 12 Jet clamps from Acme, 24", 31", and 40" four of each.. I'm quiet happy with such a good deal as I really needed some more parallels. I have 9 of the new style Bessey's in different sizes but I'm constantly supplementing them with pipe clamps it seems. I sure would like a to buy a hollow chisel mortiser with the sale but I'm still debating if I should just wait and buy a Festool Domino.. Oh almost forgot, some new hand planes that aren't made in China would be really nice. I'll be watching out for that on Monday.. fingers crossed.. Doesn't even need to be a big sale, just an excuse to buy them..lol

Mark Blatter
11-30-2013, 6:45 PM
That was about my only BF buy, my daughter asked for a drill for Christmas - But I got mine at Lowes w/ 5% discount.

Any time you are thinking about doing serious shopping at Lowes, go to the post office and pick up a moving kit. They all come with a 10% off card for Lowes.

Ralph Butts
11-30-2013, 6:47 PM
I wasn't going to buy anything but I sprung for a good amount of Jet parallel clamps (60's, 31's and 12's) and a CMT adjustable grooving shaper cutter a la the Garniga type but cheaper in every way.

Dan Hintz
11-30-2013, 6:54 PM
Any time you are thinking about doing serious shopping at Lowes, go to the post office and pick up a moving kit. They all come with a 10% off card for Lowes.

I don't think those coupons come in the moving kits anymore... too many people were asking for kits just for the coupon. I haven't seen one in a kit in a number of years.

Todd Hyman
11-30-2013, 7:31 PM

Picked up a few.

MK

Still on sale for $25.

Bruce Wrenn
11-30-2013, 8:21 PM
Stopped at Lowes and picked up a four pack of the 12" quick grips for $29.99. Went over to HD and bought a couple more of the Diablo "Steel Demon" ricp. saw blades for a buck each. Kids and grand kids came over for supper, so I saved the money from taking wife out to dinner. Then went WalMart and blew it on motor oil, oil filters and dog food. Dinner out would have been a lot cheaper.

Rich Riddle
11-30-2013, 8:40 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but shopping in Rod Sheridan's shop would be a good way to holiday shop. He's got a tool or two worth the $20 special starting with his shaper.

Michael Kellough
11-30-2013, 9:59 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but shopping in Rod Sheridan's shop would be a good way to holiday shop. He's got a tool or two worth the $20 special starting with his shaper.

What and where is that?

Stephen Cherry
11-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Due to my pursuit of being a hermit, I skipped the mall and picked up a Lie Nielsen No. 7 for 200 spacebucks on craigslist. Also in the deal was a LN scrubb plane, a LN chisel plane, a 1/4 crown stapler, a Keller dovetail jig, and a PC plunge-fixed router set, for 500 total, including the no 7.

Stephen Cherry
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
What and where is that?

Michael, keep reading and posting, and you will figure out that Rod has a lot of nice toys!

Alan Lightstone
11-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Due to my pursuit of being a hermit, I skipped the mall and picked up a Lie Nielsen No. 7 for 200 spacebucks on craigslist. Also in the deal was a LN scrubb plane, a LN chisel plane, a 1/4 crown stapler, a Keller dovetail jig, and a PC plunge-fixed router set, for 500 total, including the no 7.
Love my LN no 7. You will too.

Mike Heidrick
11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Just hit up Menards for a $29 Stanley stainless shop vac. Want it for metal chips from the retrofitted cnc knee mill. Also two pairs of $10 jeans. Very happy.

Steve Peterson
11-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I picked up a Stanley Bailey no 4 pat no 1918750 in good condition at a thrift shop for $15. It was marked $30, but everything was 50% off this weekend.

Steve

Phil Thien
11-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Well I had a 20% off coupon for Rockler so I picked up a Kreg K5. $111 + tax seemed like a good deal. I like being able to connect my shop vac, and the K5 allows me to move much faster than my old Kreg Rocket. Now I have to find something to buy at my local Woodcraft, I try to split my business up between the two, to help keep them going.

Mike Leung
12-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Ordered 2x24" and 2x31" Jet parallel clamps from Southern tools. I have been waiting a while to get these at a good deal.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-01-2013, 3:45 AM
I have a rule against Black Friday. I broke that rule! We need a stove so I went to HD and instead of a stove I bought the 46" wood top tool chest. I love the shallow drawers. So many tool chests have deep drawers that are often wasted space. This one has two deep drawers and the rest are shallow.

I am hoping LV doesn't have anything I need for Cyber Monday because with the tool chest and the Chris Pye Ariou chisels I also just bought, not much left in the till.

Mike Goetzke
12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Picked up this for $150 on CL Black Friday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/My%20Tools/Delta%20OldUnisaw/IMG_1040_zpsa26c9e74.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mbg/media/My%20Tools/Delta%20OldUnisaw/IMG_1040_zpsa26c9e74.jpg.html)

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions on how to restore her.

Mike

Keith Outten
12-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Watch the banner advertisements here tomorrow.

I know for a fact that one will go up early tomorrow morning and be removed at midnight tomorrow.

Can't say anymore, except I will get the very first click :)

Rich Riddle
12-01-2013, 12:35 PM

I know for a fact that one will go up early tomorrow morning and be removed at midnight tomorrow.

Is it a click that will have most of us sleeping on couches until after the holidays?

Brian LaShomb
12-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Picked up a Veritas Bevel Up Jointer Plane with the PMV11 blade. Also planning on some Jet purchases this morning while they have the sale going on. JJP-12 (maybe HH) and the 1221VS.

Matt Meiser
12-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Nothin'. I haven't really seen any deals that I can't pass up. There isn't much on my wish list right now and nothing that is has gone on sale.

kent borcherding
12-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Lee Valley has $500 gift cards for $430 , I talked to them and was told the gift cards could be used for Festool purchases - package deals are usually discounted 10% by Festool , by using gift card to purchase total savings would be about 23% . shipping would be $13.95 .

Lee Valley is sure a very could company to do business with, IMHO they are at the top of the list.

Alan Lightstone
12-02-2013, 1:14 PM

Keith:

My pop-up blocker must be blocking the banner, or something else blocking it, because I don't see any banners for the page. What was it for, and is there a link I can click on to look today?

Matt Meiser
12-02-2013, 1:19 PM
Easiest way is to visit the site as a guest. Either logout or view in a private window (eg. an Incognito window in Chrome.)

Michael Kellough
12-02-2013, 3:16 PM

You mean the Baliegh Summer Sale?

As I wrote that in just I scrolled up and saw

"Laguna Year End Closeout Sale"
Call 800-234-1976

Looke around a little more and also saw one instance of this Wixey offer. (http://www.wixey.com/holiday2013.html)

Rich Riddle
12-02-2013, 4:30 PM
I viewed SMC as a guest to see banners. I saw the summer sale for Baleigh, a sale for Laguna, but not much more. Combining that with the Jet offer, wish the shop needed some stationary tools, but it doesn't.

Rich Riddle
12-02-2013, 4:32 PM
Picked up this for $150 on CL Black Friday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/My%20Tools/Delta%20OldUnisaw/IMG_1040_zpsa26c9e74.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mbg/media/My%20Tools/Delta%20OldUnisaw/IMG_1040_zpsa26c9e74.jpg.html)

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions on how to restore her.

Mike

If memory serves correctly, Matt Meiser restored one in the not-so-distant past. Also, vintage machinery's website will have loads of information and resources for you.

glenn bradley
12-02-2013, 4:41 PM
I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the Lee Valley Cyber Monday specials. By the time I realized I was late, everything I wanted was gone ;-(

James White
12-02-2013, 5:42 PM
With Amazon lightening deals. If someone adds the item to there cart. They have 15 min to complete there purchase. If not it goes back up for sale. that is why an item will go in and out of stock. Also people complete there orders to secure the purchase. But think about it for a while then cancel there order. More inventory to sell.

Amazon had a Black Friday special for a PS3 w/2 games for $200 (saw it early Thursday). Kept holding off on purchasing it for hours, but kept checking it was still there... yep. Went back about 2:00 that day to buy and it was gone :( Was upset, 'cause now I had to actually go out to Target at 8 pm (or GameStop at 5am Friday morning) and fight the crowd for one. Kept refreshing the page simply because I was buying other stuff... sometime around 7, just as the family is getting their shoes on to make the trip to Target, a refresh shows them back in stock. Trip cancelled :) Reading the threads below the item showed the same thing happened to a lot of folks... seems they let it go out earlier than listed.

<shrug> I got all I wanted, I suppose, never had to go out... though I did anyway, at the little woman's request. Old Navy trip for a few pairs of sweat pants. Line was to the back of the store and wrapped around, barely moving. I estimated it would take 45-60 minutes to get to the register. Told SWMBO my time was worth more than that and took the reigns for the evening. She went back earlier today when things had died down and still got the pants... but I didn't have to wait in line for them :D

Lori Kleinberg
12-02-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it was a big bargin, but bought the IR 2hp 4gallon compressor for 269.99 with free shipping.

Dan Hintz
12-03-2013, 5:48 AM
With Amazon lightening deals. If someone adds the item to there cart. They have 15 min to complete there purchase. If not it goes back up for sale. that is why an item will go in and out of stock. Also people complete there orders to secure the purchase. But think about it for a while then cancel there order. More inventory to sell.

This wasn't a lightning deal, it was just a regular listing (top of the list when you searched on "PS3"). They were "out of stock" for several hours, then it popped up again. Reading the threads on Amazon, it looks like they also put the deal out there starting that Monday... some got it, some had their orders cancelled (they advertised the deal, but it looks like someone at Amazon with itchy fingers jumped the gun a bit and posted it early).

Rich Engelhardt
12-03-2013, 8:22 AM
I don't know if it was a big bargin, but bought the IR 2hp 4gallon compressor for 269.99 with free shipping
The "twin hot dog"?
That's a good price. I paid $299.00 for mine at Tractor Supply a few years ago.
Just so there's no surprise when you fire it up, it's on the loud side.

The similarly priced/similar output Makita MAC2400 is the quiet one.
The IR trades off louder sound for increased longevity.
The MAC only has a 50% duty cycle and the IR has a 100% duty cycle.

You did well though. That IR should last you a lifetime.

Derek Hansen
12-03-2013, 10:09 AM
So nobody else got the Dewalt DW788 scroll saw for $315 yesterday? Lightning deal was $340 and then there was an additional $25 off $100 Dewalt purchases. Best price EVER!!!

Brian LaShomb
12-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Ended up grabbing the 1221VS and the Jet JJP-12HH. Have been researching/planning these purchases for a couple years now. Yesterday Amazon had 20 of the JJP-12HH and 18 of the 1221VS when I checked. They sold all the lathes and only have 1 of the JJP-12HH left. They still show promotional pricing for Jet if anyone missed it and is still looking for something. Even the 1221VS can be backordered at the promotional price.

In my comparison to the Grizzly 634Z, the Jet is about $460 more expensive, but you get 56 carbide inserts vs only 32 on the Grizzly. Grizzly charges $65 for a box of 10 inserts, so if you only figure out the cost of the 24 inserts you're not getting, its $65 box of 10 + $65 box of 10 + ($6.50 individual x 4) + $12 shipping = $168 just on the difference in knives alone (let alone the cutterhead itself). Brings the Jet much closer in comparison, around $300 difference.

Rich Riddle
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Brian did you get the 15% discount on the Jet?

Brian LaShomb
12-03-2013, 3:42 PM
Brian did you get the 15% discount on the Jet?

Yep. And they still have the pricing on some of the stuff. Noticed it on a drill press, and the JJP-12 is still around $1900, even though the HH model jumped back up.

Lori Kleinberg
12-03-2013, 4:12 PM
Thanks Rich, I am excited to get it. My current compressor is an oiless pancake that is so loud I try to avoid using it.

Rich Riddle
12-06-2013, 10:08 AM
An update: The clamps ordered on Cyber Monday from Amazon arrived last evening. Fairly fast shipping.

Dave Zellers
12-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Mine are arriving today, and then some more ordered from Southern-Tool arrive on Monday.

Merry Christmas to me! :)

Scott Perkins47
12-06-2013, 2:21 PM
Sears Craftsman had an online deal for $49 for 7 1/4" compound miter saw with laser beam alignment.
I wanted it because it was a great deal for a particularly small light and portable saw to carry to job sites for
small jobs... or large jobs as most of the time I dont need the capacity of a larger heavier saw.
IT might still be available.

Dave Lehnert
12-06-2013, 10:22 PM
So nobody else got the Dewalt DW788 scroll saw for $315 yesterday? Lightning deal was $340 and then there was an additional $25 off $100 Dewalt purchases. Best price EVER!!!

Best price ever? Guess you missed the $199 clearance at Lowe's some time back (saw with stand and when they were made in Canada)
But you are correct, you got it at a good price. GREAT saw

Ben Martin
12-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Mine are arriving today, and then some more ordered from Southern-Tool arrive on Monday.

Merry Christmas to me! :)

Did you get a tracking number from Southern Tool? I got an invoice on Monday, but nothing as far as tracking...

Ben

Dave Zellers
12-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Did you get a tracking number from Southern Tool? I got an invoice on Monday, but nothing as far as tracking...

Ben
Yes- I got an email yesterday with tracking info.

Rich Riddle
12-09-2013, 9:19 AM
Some of the clamps arrived, the 40" ones, the others have not. Anyone received the clamps less than 40"?

Ben Martin
12-16-2013, 3:18 PM
Some of the clamps arrived, the 40" ones, the others have not. Anyone received the clamps less than 40"?

Rich,

I still haven't gotten my clamps from Southern Tool, wondering how long I should wait. I noticed that the invoiced my CC on Cyber Monday...

Ben

Brett Bobo
12-16-2013, 3:35 PM
Ben/Rich,
I ordered both the 40" and 24" clamps and while the 40" clamps arrived within about a week, the 24" clamps have yet to even ship after two weeks. I called Southern Tool the Friday following Black Friday (a week later) and was told the 24" clamps were sold out. Jet (WHM) apparently had an overwhelming response to the sale and didn't have enough inventory to fill orders. Also, I was told by Southern Tool that the clamps are being shipped every Friday based on availability from WHM.

I meant to call back last Friday to get an update so this will remind me to put another call into them this week. I, too, was charged prior to shipment, which I wasn't happy about, knowing the clamps were back-ordered. At least we're in the same boat and appears to be a common issue that will hopefully get resolved quickly.

Allen Grenz
12-16-2013, 5:49 PM
I ordered from ACME Tools through Amazon... I finally got the last shipment today with the 31".. All of them were drop shipped from Jet. I'm sure yours will arrive soon. With such a good price I didn't mind waiting awhile. I bet they sold thousands and thousands of those.. I Also ordered a mortiser that decided to finally show up.. The carrier apologized that they have been overwhelmed.. They first delivered someone's LG washing machine on Friday. I was quick to cut it open before the truck left and the driver got a good chewin from his boss on that one..lol