PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for Thanksgiving?

Shawn Pixley
11-28-2013, 2:54 PM
Normally we invite friends whose families are thousands of miles away over for Thanksgiving.Normally, we do the traditional thanksgiving dinner (roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, fresh green beans, and pumpkin pie). I typically add one special dish (cassoulet, phaesent cordon blu, etc...). I generally do the cooking.

This year the three of us are on our own. So we are going non-traditional. I am making a smoked tukey breast roulade with leek cornbread stuffing and proscutto, mashed potatoes & gravy, roast vegetables, vegetable stew and pumpkin bread desert roll.

So what are you having for thanksgiving?

Paul McGaha
11-28-2013, 3:02 PM
My wife cooks a great thanksgiving meal. We had oven cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yeast rolls, cornbread dressing, corn, apple salad. Pecan and Pumpkin pies later on.

A great day. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Shawn and all you creekers.

PHM

Ken Fitzgerald
11-28-2013, 3:18 PM
We are having a different Thanksgiving dinner today.

My wife is in Illinois visiting her 90 year old Mom for nearly 4 weeks.

I am home in Idaho and later this afternoon our oldest son and his wife are bringing dinner over so we can eat and watch the later football game on our big screen television.

While I don't know what the kids will be bringing, I know both of our son is a good cook and dinner will be delicious!

I have a lot for which to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Charles Wiggins
11-28-2013, 5:11 PM
As usual, LOML and I went to my parents house, an hour away in Asheville, with my step-son, his girlfriend, and my wife's nephew and my sister. And, as usual, we had roast turkey, green beans, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, and rolls. We sometimes have ham too. Sometimes potatoes and gravy.

We also set up their Christmas tree and outdoor lights. Again, another Thanksgiving tradition.

We'll probably stop and see my MIL and her husband on the way home.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

Joe Tilson
11-28-2013, 8:44 PM
Went to our oldest daughters this evening and had deep fried turkey, ham, green beans, potatoes, broccoli casserole, vegetable casserole, apple pie(my creation), pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and a very good time with family and a veteran who goes to our church and has no family. We have been truly blessed and thank God for his grace and bounty toward us. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Charles,
How are the lights this year in Asheville? They usually are very pretty.

Raymond Fries
11-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Shawn - your rollups sound yummy.

We went to our oldest daughters this year which is the first year we did not host. Our two daughters made everything this year. Mostly the traditional turkey with all the sides and naturally pie for dessert. It seemed really strange not to host. Guess the torch has passed.

Getting together with family is always the best.

Take care and enjoy life...

Shawn Pixley
11-28-2013, 10:52 PM
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. Give thanks to your families, the cooks and all you love. Life is short, enjoy the journey.