PDA

View Full Version : Jet Pen Turning Kit Question

Mike Ramsey
06-07-2005, 3:46 PM
Anyone else have the Jet pen turning kit? Received mine today and it came with what looks to be a 1/4" compression fitting like for an air hose? The box list all parts except this one and i'm not sure what it's for.

David Hayes
06-07-2005, 5:12 PM
Mike,
Did the kit come with a mandrel? If so, I think the compression fitting is used on the mandrel towards the headstock end to allow you blanks and bushings to be tightened up with the brass nut on the tailstock end. I'm sorry if this is confusing. Look at Woodcraft or some other pen mandrel source's website to see the compression fitting on the pen mandrel that I am describing.
Dave

Rick Duncan
06-07-2005, 7:49 PM
Mike,
Did the kit come with a mandrel? If so, I think the compression fitting is used on the mandrel towards the headstock end to allow you blanks and bushings to be tightened up with the brass nut on the tailstock end. I'm sorry if this is confusing. Look at Woodcraft or some other pen mandrel source's website to see the compression fitting on the pen mandrel that I am describing.
Dave

Mike, that is exactly what it is. I also got in on this offer from Amazon. Certainly not worth the "suggested retail" but for the price sure is nice.

Rick

Mike Ramsey
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys! I't really seemed like a good deal to me too. $19.95 for quite a lot.