PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a Wood plan

Dan Hahr
11-25-2013, 8:15 PM
I am trying to find a plan for a Wood magazine project that made back in 2001. It was a tall display table or plant stand. It was a simple project with a square glass top and shelf about 10 inches or so. I think it was the issue 135 that included the sleigh bed. I made two, one for my sister in law and one for my mother in law. Now they both want a matching table.

If someone has this plan or magazine I would surely appreciate it if I could borrow the dimensions. Or if someone could verify that this issue is the right one I could just try and buy another copy.

Thanks, Dan

Stew Hagerty
11-25-2013, 8:44 PM
I am trying to find a plan for a Wood magazine project that made back in 2001. It was a tall display table or plant stand. It was a simple project with a square glass top and shelf about 10 inches or so. I think it was the issue 135 that included the sleigh bed. I made two, one for my sister in law and one for my mother in law. Now they both want a matching table.

If someone has this plan or magazine I would surely appreciate it if I could borrow the dimensions. Or if someone could verify that this issue is the right one I could just try and buy another copy.

Thanks, Dan

Love to help, I have an old collection that I inherited but it stops in '95 and I didn't start my own subscription until 2011.

Dan Hahr
11-25-2013, 8:48 PM
Well, nevermind. All that typing got me motivated and I found a copy online in PDF. Thanks anyway!

Myk Rian
11-25-2013, 9:34 PM
My Wife told me today she would like a tall plant stand about 36". Care to share where you found the plan?

Dan Hahr
11-25-2013, 9:46 PM
https://ia801501.us.archive.org/29/items/WoodMagazine135/Wood%20135%202001.pdf

It's on page 36. I changed it slightly using two pieces of glass on the top instead of 8 with a simpler divider. I made mine out of Peruvian alder. Never heard of it before or since. Hope I can find some more. I think it looks better with a dark wood.