PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Door Hardware

Doug Herzberg
11-25-2013, 4:17 PM
I've been looking around for a half circle push plate to dress up some interior doors and give them an Asian feel. Manufacturers exist, but they seem to cater to the commercial market and I have not found a retailer or internet seller interested in a small (8 pieces) order. Here's an image of what I'm looking for:

In this case, the manufacturer offers the product in "oil rubbed bronze" finish with cylinder and turn knob cutouts at additional cost. I need the standard residential 2-1/8" cutout with a 2-3/8" backset. Any idea where I should be looking? What should I pay for something like this? Thanks for any help. I've searched variations of "Asian Hardware," looking for something more authentic, but I have not found anything large enough for a door. Lots of stuff in cabinet hardware.

I also thought about having a sheet metal shop cut them from brass, but I don't know how to achieve the "oil rubbed bronze" look.

Sam Murdoch
11-25-2013, 4:50 PM
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but here is a possible source - http://www.rbadoor.com/door-pull-plates/door-push-plates/door-push-plate-60.html There is also another size of the 1/2 round push plate available on this web site. I think it's the # 59.

Doug Herzberg
11-25-2013, 7:16 PM
Yes, Sam. That's the idea. I'm hoping I don't have to pay $50 each for them (with color). If they're a soft metal, I can do my own cutouts with a hole saw.

As far as size, the locksets I'm using have 4-1/4" levers instead of knobs, so on a 6 x 12 push plate, the handle would extend just under an inch beyond the edge of the circle. The 7-1/2 x 15 might be better, but it might look really huge. I may have to make up some templates and just look at them.

Sam Murdoch
11-25-2013, 10:34 PM
If you could find some circles then cut them in half you might get closer to what you really want. Looks like there might be some metal work in your future.

Maybe find a metal door kick plate that is big enough to get more than one of your 1/2 circles. Or? - a thin wood? Sorry I couldn't offer a better suggestion.