PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a whiskey / liquor box

Steven Unterbrink
11-25-2013, 1:48 PM
There seems to be plenty of places to buy a wine box, but what about a similar type box that would accommodate a 750ml bottle of booze. Or maybe an odd shaped bottle like crown royal, gentleman's jack or a champagne bottle?

Mel Fulks
11-25-2013, 2:20 PM
Maybe someone here would be interested in making it for you ,if it is not available ready made. I would suggest making it big enough to accommodate some glasses ,too.

David Somers
11-25-2013, 2:32 PM
Steven,

One I have seen folks use before, though they marked it with a wood burner rather than a laser engraver, is Ekanconcepts.com
See if they have what you are looking for. Most of their stuff is cylindrical type bottles, but they do have some odd shapes. If a shape fits but permits too much play in the free space available you might look at using wood shavings or excelsior or some other type of unusual filler that is not too obnoxious for the recipient to deal with. That would fit the "motif" of a nice whisky or liquor.

Also, have you given any thought to using your laser to actually do the box yourself? Might be more hassle than it is worth of course.

Dave

Todd Suire
12-12-2013, 3:39 PM
JDS, and I think PDU, supplies a number of boxes of different sizes and shapes. You can laser cut the foam inside to fit the shape of the bottle you're using. Perhaps they have the size/shape you need. You can also laser engrave the box lid with your custom design.