PDA

View Full Version : Another chance to help our military

Ken Salisbury
06-07-2005, 8:21 AM
The US Army has established a woodworking shop at Ft Greely, Alaska (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/fort-greely.htm) for the recreation and morale of the troops stationed there. Ft Greely is part of the National Missile Defense (NMD), a land-based missile interceptor system designed to defend against limited ballistic missile attacks.

Ft Greely is one of the most remote facilities in the world. Robert Kline is operating the shop and teaching woodworking to the troops stationed there. I am sure any assistance we can give to this effort will be greatly appreciated by both Robert and the troops stationed there. Robert is now a member of SMC.

Confession: I do have some affiliation with Ft Greely since my GS is stationed there as a Military Policeman. He does have some woodworking skills, as you would imagine, and he is thrilled this shop has been established there.

Carl Eyman
06-07-2005, 4:33 PM
Probably just being here to answer questions is one of the biggest contributions we can make. To those at Ft. Greely: Ask. Whether it be for information or for material things, ASK!

Greg Hairston
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Ken
This is good to hear. The Navy has been closing all of their woodworking shops at most of the bases. I am stationed in Millington and a few years back they had a nice shop. They closed it, the bowling alley and most of the the recreational activities. Good the hear the Army is taking care of their folks. Wish the navy would do the same.

Greg H