PDA

View Full Version : My engraver stopped in the middle of a job twice in the same spot...?

Linda Mehlenbacher
11-24-2013, 4:14 PM
My engraver stopped in the middle of a job, twice in the same spot...? My Epilog Mini 35 watt I have had for 6 years now - great machine! Not sure why it stopped - I ran a job and it stopped(no power) just shut off. I got it to run again by waiting a few minutes and played with the power cord and it started.....I reran the job and then it stopped in the same spot as the first time....any Idea what this could be? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Linda Mehlenbacher
11-24-2013, 5:07 PM
Weird enough, I think it may be my power cord that is the problem......I played with it and it works now! Not where it plugs in, but the actual cord....may be a short somewhere.....

Linda Mehlenbacher
11-24-2013, 5:32 PM
Nope! Not the power cord. I ran it for a few minutes and I heard a clicking sound with it stopping, fans going on and off -still power to it even after turning the power button off - lights flashing from bright to dim - not sure what it could be....any idea?

Dan Hintz
11-24-2013, 7:08 PM
Possibly the power supply going south... though the laser quitting at the exact same spot tends to be one of two things: 1) Corrupt file (or incorrectly written file), or 2) Bad memory (for the machines that use on-board memory sticks).