PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Legacy laser - Can anyone help?

Wayne Meadows
11-24-2013, 9:26 AM
First off, I am new to using a laser. I have an 80 watt Legacy Laser model 3060. The issue I am having is suddenly, the laser stopped working. I use Lasercut to send the job to the laser. I have tried a picture and then I tried a simple circle. It looks like the download to the laser is working. When I test the position, the laser head moves correctly and outlines what I am cutting. When I tell it to start. the laser head moves into position and then freezes. At this point, none of the buttons on the laser work. It reminds me of a computer that freezes. The only option I have is to shut the laser down. Every time I try to do something, the same results. So far, I have tried the following: reboot the laser, reboot the computer, check all connections on the laser, reinstall the laser cut program, test fire the laser (this works), and change the image that I am cutting. All functions of the laser appear to be working. The water cooler is working and the air flow is working. I am at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wayne Meadows and Brannon Raines (newbies to the laser world)

Wilbur Harris
11-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Are you saying the laser "freezes" with any file you send?

Kev Williams
11-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm having a similar problem with my LS900. My issue is, if I send a vector-cut job to my laser via my Gravostyle program, it won't work. The head moves down about 2", to the right about 1/2", then the head moves extremely slowly to the right, without the laser firing. I mean SO slow I didn't even know it was moving the first time it did it, took about 1/2 hour to reach the end of the travel and then the stepper started the dreaded hammering. When it does this, none of my buttons work either, the only option is to shut down the machine. Raster engraving is no problem. I also send jobs via Corel, and as long as I never send a vector job from Gravo, Corel will work fine. But If I do send a job from gravo, even if it has vector cuts that I skip in the output, then I can't vector from a Corel job either

But I know what my problem is, it's the driver. I have to unload and re-install it when this happens. Once I fixed the whole problem by un-installing and re-installed my Gravostyle program. but that didn't work last time. I'm still trying to figure out if my computer is part of the problem, I need to try printing (I'm using an LPT port) from my other computer. The first time this happened, what seemed to start the problem was I renamed the printer from "Lsolution" to "big laser". That's when it started, and it's never been right since.

That all said, I'd suggest dumping and reloading YOUR driver and see if that changes anything--

Wayne Meadows
11-24-2013, 1:40 PM
Yes. I have tried a picture and then I tried a simple circle. All freeze.

Wayne Meadows
11-24-2013, 1:42 PM
I tried reinstalling the driver as well. It did not help. I even moved a file to a USB drive and loaded it directly into the laser. Same issue. The laser freezes when started.

Barry Rimmer
11-24-2013, 3:28 PM
HI,

I would contact Dean Novakowski at legacylasers@gmail.com. He is the importer and is very vast answering questions.

Allen Rawley
11-25-2013, 3:58 AM
You could try the following.
1. Using your laser machine touchpad, delete all files
2. Reload/copy from your original CD the syscfg.ini files (this is the configuration file for the machine). Rename the old one and copy the original in the same folder
3. Download the configuration file to the machine using LaserCut on your PC (the button is close to your file download button). You should hear the machine beep with confirmation.
4. Power off the machine then on.
5. Use lasercut to create a simple circle for vector cutting
6. Download the file and test

Sometimes, in my experience, the syscfg.ini can become corrupted. Also, the syscfg.ini file may not download fully and cause problems.

Jared Steinmark
03-24-2014, 1:39 PM
Was there any resolution with this? I'm having the same issue.