PDA

View Full Version : JTAS-10 Parts Help

Tim Sipes
11-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Hello,
I recently purchased a used Jet JTAS-10 and am trying to reconstruct a missing blade guard assembly. My problem is the shaft (I got from replacementparts.com) appears to be about 5 inches to long. The shaft screws into the rear trunion but is so long it inter fears with raising the blade (no clearance to raise it at all). I can cut the sift and rebore the holes but wanted to see if anyone knows if I have the wrong part or am doing something terribly wrong before I start cutting. The shaft is 10" long. Any tips or pictures/diagrams of the original shafts dimensions would be appreciated.

richard poitras
11-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Tim, I used to have a 10 - JTAS and I am sorry to say I can’t help you out in regards to your blade guard assembly. But I can help you out if you are looking for some zero clearance inserts for the saw. I have one of the metal plates that accepts interchangeable wood inserts for different blades or dadoes. I have 12 unused inserts that I would sell for cheap. Just let me know if you are interested. Send me a pm I have pictures….

Richard

david brum
11-22-2013, 10:56 AM
That's a curious problem. The shaft shouldn't be moving at all when you raise the blade, since it screws into the rear trunnion, which only moves when changing blade angle. It is stationary when changing blade height. Furthermore, length of the shaft shouldn't matter because it sticks out into space behind the saw. Just to be clear, you are screwing it in from the back of the saw?

On a different note, the stock guards are frustrating to use. They are laborious to install and remove every time you need to make a non-through cut such as a rabbet or dado. Most folks have sought different options. I have used a Shark Guard for several years. It's a huge improvement over the stock guard and allows above table dust collection.

Tim Sipes
11-23-2013, 8:16 PM
Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Polski

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Richard,
Send me some pictures and a price

Tim

Tim Sipes
11-23-2013, 8:19 PM
Thanks David. I have since realized I was trying to install it backwards (from inside the saw)…BONEHEAD. I am purchasing a Shark Guard for the reasons you mention. Appreciate the reply.
A
Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t