06-06-2005, 3:53 PM
here are a few more...

Mark Singer
06-06-2005, 4:01 PM
a couple more....

Daniel Rabinovitz
06-06-2005, 4:21 PM
Ahhhhhh! Very Nice
I can hear the water trickling, even as I type.
Daniel

Jim Becker
06-06-2005, 4:33 PM
Awesome, Mark. I remember how lovely your gardens are...thanks for sharing the pictures of the "now"!!

Gary Herrmann
06-06-2005, 7:51 PM
Are those Japanese Red Maples? If so, they look like BloodGoods. We have a few of those, including a weeper. Very nice trees.

I've gotten into landscaping the last 5 or 6 years. My wife is the passionate one, but I've kinda caught the bug as well. We were going to to enter the St. Louis Garden competition last year, but a lot of our stuff got wiped out in a freak May hail storm (1 foot of golf ball sized hail against the front of our house). Most of the plantings have come back, but we need to replace some more as well. I think she's now waiting till I get that waterfall in the back yard...

John Miliunas
06-06-2005, 8:04 PM
Now just wait a minute there, big guy! I coulda' swore you lived in Laguna Beach. That appears to be something along the lines of Paradise!!!:D Don't have much of a green thumb myself, but I can sure appreciate beautiful landscaping when I see it. Looks wonderful, Mark. :) (Not that I expected anything less when I opened this thread....!):) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
06-06-2005, 8:12 PM
Very beautiful, and even from the pictures I can feel the calming nature of the landscaping.
I see you have some fruit trees. Lemon? Lime? Orange? ???

We had an orange tree when we lived in Cypress. I do miss those right off the tree naval oranges around the first of the year.

Karl

John Hart
06-06-2005, 9:57 PM
Mark...You have such a beautiful place...And you are a great photographer! Certainly brought the place to life for me!!

Randy Moore
06-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Now just wait a minute there, big guy! I coulda' swore you lived in Laguna Beach. That appears to be something along the lines of Paradise!!!:D Don't have much of a green thumb myself, but I can sure appreciate beautiful landscaping when I see it. Looks wonderful, Mark. :) (Not that I expected anything less when I opened this thread....!):) :cool:

John,
I have never seen anything of Mark's that was anything less than perfect. I don't personally know you or Mark but from what I have seen you both do excellent work.
And Mark, you took the pics so that no one knows what has happened around you with the 'slides.
One word is what comes to my mind FANTASTIC, BEAUTIFUL. Oops 2 words.:)
Randy

Jerry Olexa
06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Great photography and a beautiful subject...Thanks for sharing...

Mark Singer
06-07-2005, 9:21 AM
That is Cercis , or California Redbud tree, it is a native to Napa County...it is an amazing tree with heart shpped flowers and leaves.
Are those Japanese Red Maples? If so, they look like BloodGoods. We have a few of those, including a weeper. Very nice trees.

I've gotten into landscaping the last 5 or 6 years. My wife is the passionate one, but I've kinda caught the bug as well. We were going to to enter the St. Louis Garden competition last year, but a lot of our stuff got wiped out in a freak May hail storm (1 foot of golf ball sized hail against the front of our house). Most of the plantings have come back, but we need to replace some more as well. I think she's now waiting till I get that waterfall in the back yard...

Gary Herrmann
06-07-2005, 8:55 PM
Another cool tree I can't grow in the midwest.