PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw blade burns

Marcel LeBlanc
11-21-2013, 2:17 AM
Hi to all of you.
I have General International table saw with a homemade sliding table (one that is similar to the Excalibur) running on four Thomson SPBOPN bearing, I recently change the arbor bearing and since then when I am cross cutting with the sliding table I am getting burns on the right side of the stock that I am cutting.

To readjust the sliding table I made the five cut method using a sheet of melamine 3x3 foot and the last cut gives me difference between the front and back of .005 inch, so I assume it is square enough.

The blade is perfectly parallel with the miter slot.

What else should I check?
Thank you

Rod Sheridan
11-21-2013, 3:13 AM
Hi, it sounds like the blade isn't parallel to the sliding table path.

The slider should be parallel, or toe out a very slight amount.

Note that on a slider, the good piece is on the slider, not to the right of the blade normally............Rod.

Lee Schierer
11-21-2013, 9:04 AM
If the saw cut well before the bearing change, then something was changed as part of the bearing change. I would suspect that to replace the bearing that the arbor and probably the sliding table had to be removed and reinstalled. If you are sure that the saw blade is perfectly parallel to the miter slot, I would check the sliding table to the same saw slot. To burn on the right side of the blade would indicate that the sliding table is angled slightly away from the miter slot which is pulling the wood into the back side of the blade as the cut is being made. Check your sliding table alignment.

Marcel LeBlanc
11-21-2013, 9:30 PM
Hi,
I would like to thank both of you for helping me with this problem, both of you where right about the sliding table not running parallel to the blade (miter slot), I wasn't thinking about that part because I had made the five cut test and turn out to way it was before changing the bearings.

Rod Sheridan
11-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Glad to hear that you resolved your issue.....Rod.