PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CC and lightroom 5 for ALL

Ruben Salcedo
11-20-2013, 3:40 PM
Check it out here (http://terrywhite.com/photoshop-photographers-deal-open-everyone-blackfriday/)

Dan Hintz
11-20-2013, 5:36 PM
$10/month, for those wondering and too lazy to click.

Ruben Salcedo
11-20-2013, 5:47 PM
Thank you, Dan.

I never thought about them :)

and this offer ends December 2, also you don't need to own any version of Photoshop to get it. (that's the meaning of FOR ALL)

Scott Shepherd
11-20-2013, 6:53 PM
You can dislike the creative cloud model all you want, but if you are in this business and deal with customer supplied photos at all, you might want to jump on this. $10 a month to have tools like the one that removes camera shake or camera blur from photos is worth the price.

Photoshop CC is an amazing program for engravers and Lightroom is also awesome. It gives you the ability to do some tweaking without being a photoshop guru (which I am not).

Real bargain, great find Ruben!

Chuck Stone
11-20-2013, 9:05 PM
only 64 bit..

Gerry Kaslowski
11-22-2013, 11:25 PM
$10 may be OK, but what happens when they double the price? Their file formats are proprietary. What do you do if you drop the service? You now have files you can't read. You don't own a working copy of the program. Lots of pitfalls to this 'great' Adobe deal. Good luck with this 'honest' company.

Ruben Salcedo
11-23-2013, 2:25 AM
Here (http://scottkelby.com/2013/adobes-letting-everyone-in-on-the-deal-but-only-for-a-few-days/) is a Q&A from Scott Kelby, and by the way... There are Corel products that can open Photoshop files as well as Xara and others I'm sure, I think you like to see a container that is 90% full as 10% empty.

Scott Shepherd
11-23-2013, 8:16 AM
$10 may be OK, but what happens when they double the price? Their file formats are proprietary. What do you do if you drop the service? You now have files you can't read. You don't own a working copy of the program. Lots of pitfalls to this 'great' Adobe deal. Good luck with this 'honest' company.

How often will you be going back and editing a blurry customers photo once you have done it? In the engraving business, most work has the file created and you run the job. If it's a repeat job, you run the same file. I don't think the "cloud" issue is going to be the problem with Photoshop users in an engraving shop. Let's say the price triples a year from now. You still made some money from the tools you paid $10 a month for, for a year. Cancel it and move on. No big "loss" so to speak.

For the ability to fix blurry photos, this product is well worth $10 a month. There's not another product on the market that I am aware of, for that price range, that will fix that much stuff. $10 a month? What's that, 2-3 cups of coffee a month? To run your business and offer things other's can't? Money well spent in my opinion. Cloud or no cloud.

Gerry Kaslowski
11-23-2013, 3:23 PM
Here (http://scottkelby.com/2013/adobes-letting-everyone-in-on-the-deal-but-only-for-a-few-days/) is a Q&A from Scott Kelby, and by the way... There are Corel products that can open Photoshop files as well as Xara and others I'm sure, I think you like to see a container that is 90% full as 10% empty.

Scott Kelby is a mouthpiece for Adobe. If you check out any of the photography forums, you'll find MANY unhappy Photoshop users.

Ruben Salcedo
11-23-2013, 4:58 PM
Yes there where many Unhappy photographers only until this deal come out, this bundle deal it is actually focused at photographers.

You don't have to like it and subscribe to it, if you don't see the advantage then forget about it... no one is going to force you, that's the beauty of a free country.