PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui SH-G1290 / SH-G1280 please help

Andrei Georgescu
11-20-2013, 4:34 AM
Hi

I was searching for a laser machine from China and ended up deciding on Shenhui. Before making the final ordering I need some help from some of you experienced users:

1. Apart from the dimensions of the working surface are there any other differences between the SH-G1290 / SH-G1280?
2. For a 80W RECI tube will I need an advanced cooling system?
3. Is a 80W RECI tube right for both engraving/ cutting acrylic and photoengraving on granite?
4. Apart from spare lenses, mirrors and belts are there any other spare parts worth ordering together with the machine?

Mike Null
11-20-2013, 8:38 AM
Andrei

Welcome to SMC. I believe the information you seek can be found in the other threads relative to Chinese and to Shenhui machines.

George M. Perzel
11-21-2013, 8:28 AM
Andre;
To answer your questions:
1. No difference except table size.
2. get a 5000 or 5200 chiller
3. 80 watt RECI is fine
4. Yes-get a spare tube. Cost of shipping one alone will be as much as tube.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Jerome Stanek
11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't recommend a spare tube as they start the warranty the day they are made and stamped. It may not work when you replace the bad one.

Andrei Georgescu
11-21-2013, 3:28 PM
Thanks for the answers.
This is a dilemma: whether to buy another tube that might expire on the shelf and lose money or buy just one and if it dies prematurely I halt production for some time, pay more on the shipping and lose more money. I think for me is best to play it safe and risk as little as possible.

Jerome Stanek
11-21-2013, 3:55 PM
I don't know where you are but you should check out other sources for a replacement. Here on the states we have some suppliers that stock them and can overnight them to you

Andrei Georgescu
11-21-2013, 4:52 PM
Eastern Europe, Romania. I've been told it would take a month and a half for the machine to get here and from all the Chinese companies I think only Red Sail has a dealer here. Which sells the machines at high prices like everything in the E.U. All the tools are more expensive than in the U.S. and the minimum wage in Romania is $ 1.43/ hour. You guys are lucky :)

Kev Williams
11-21-2013, 5:54 PM
Geez, the tone of this would have someone believe that laser tubes only last a few weeks or so... I have 10+ years of daily use on my 40w LS900, and the 25w I changed out on our ULS was 12 years old, and it was still working fine when I changed it. That said, if you ARE worried about needing a tube soon, for the price of a spare NOW vs. what it might cost in lost $$$ waiting for it isn't worth worrying about the warrantee being gone from sitting on the shelf....

Dave Sheldrake
11-21-2013, 6:03 PM
Kev,

RF sources are different animals to DC sealed tubes...even the best DC tubes last around 10,000 hours as a top line and as little as 100 hours at worst.

Andrei, You can always buy tubes from the UK and have them shipped over if need be, I'm not a huge fan of buying shed loads of spares that may or may not be needed.

cheers

Dave

Greg Facer
11-21-2013, 6:49 PM
Thanks for the answers.
This is a dilemma: whether to buy another tube that might expire on the shelf and lose money or buy just one and if it dies prematurely I halt production for some time, pay more on the shipping and lose more money. I think for me is best to play it safe and risk as little as possible.

Get a spare....they ship more safely with the machine. Read my signature, only 1 unbroken tube shipped without the machine. I thought I would save the money too, it was a mistake. 2nd mistake would be to not test both on arrival for a few hours. Do not assume spare is OK if the first tube is OK.

Andrei Georgescu
11-28-2013, 5:51 AM
One more question. Is a chain belt better than a rubber belt for the lifting worktable? Shenhui offered me this option and my experience goes just as far as having one car with chain belt transmission and the other -the diesel- with rubber belt transmission. Would a rubber belt be more precise than a chain belt?

Dave Sheldrake
11-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Belt drive bigger machines from China have a well posted history of causing problems. Anything over 600 x 400 should be chain drive to get reliability / accuracy.

cheers

Dave

Andrei Georgescu
11-30-2013, 1:08 AM
Thanks for the help so far.

They sent me this message:

"Hello Andrei,

If you will use these 40/50/63.5mm lens on this SH-G1290 machine?
The diameter of lens is 18mm."

My guess is "If you will" stands for "will you" so this should mean the machine uses 18 mm lenses. Did I understand this part or am I missing something?