PDA

View Full Version : Nova OT

Paul Engle
11-17-2013, 2:12 PM
If anyone has any info on the Nova OT , parts, used / new etc. Please PM me . My home built one is in need of over haul and now that I am retired I can afford to get a Nova OT or parts .
thanks in advance
Mods , if I should not have posted this here , I am sorry and please don't rip me a new one .... :)

Allan Ferguson
11-17-2013, 4:16 PM
"OT" I live around my Nova lathe, but do not understand to what you are referring. Will be happy to share info. Allan

Robert Henrickson
11-17-2013, 4:27 PM
If anyone has any info on the Nova OT , parts, used / new etc. Please PM me . My home built one is in need of over haul and now that I am retired I can afford to get a Nova OT or parts .

I believe that the Nova OT equipment has not been available for several years. I've looked sporadically. Woodcraft has most of the manual as a pdf.

Scott Hackler
11-17-2013, 6:31 PM
OT = Ornamental Turner device. Sold a while back from Teknatool. Allows for repeating patterns to be cut in woodturned items and cal also be used to cut threads (with the additional kit). Sadly they were very highly priced and didn't sell very good so Teknatool discontinued them. The rest went on clearance and the tool hoarders picked them up to be stored in their shops without using them! I have one and looks for about a year before finding a fella that was interested in selling his. He told me that he tried to mess with it once, got frustrated and put it back in the box. 10+ years later I bought it!

I haven't used it a ton but did play with it quite a bit in the beginning. If I could ever get some turning time, I might want to use it again.......

Sid Matheny
11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Here is a link to the manual.

http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/ornamental_manual.pdf

Sid

Paul Engle
11-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Ok thanks , I will keep looking !