PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting concept

Scott Shepherd
11-17-2013, 9:01 AM
You'll have to watch until the end, where, if you are like me, you said "WOW" out loud. Very clever! If that's the beginning of it, imagine what it'll look like once it's refined.

http://vimeo.com/43038579

Bill Huber
11-17-2013, 9:35 AM
Yes that was a WOW for me, that is so cool and you have to think about what it could be used for other then just that one thing.

It is one of those thing that you have to say, now why didn't I think of that...

Raymond Fries
11-17-2013, 9:35 AM
I would buy one and many others will as well.

What an innovation!

Sam Murdoch
11-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes, these women will become millionaires. A great invention and can be yours for around $ 540.00 - cheap insurance. Here is the link with more info -
http://www.hovding.com/en/how_it_works/

Larry Whitlow
11-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow. I can see this concept going beyond bike helmets.

Phil Thien
11-17-2013, 12:08 PM
It is neat, but I think it is pretty bulky and I'm not sure how comfortable it would be in the middle of summer. I know conventional helmets aren't exactly great on a 90+ degree day, but that thing would be like wearing a gator.

Don't get me wrong, the kewl factor is undeniably there. But sometimes low-tech beats high-tech.

Rich Engelhardt
11-17-2013, 1:06 PM
Sorry - I couldn't stand the herky jerky format of vimeo so I have no idea what the ending is/was.

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-17-2013, 2:42 PM
Wow is right. It makes you go back to the start of the video and take a closer look at what you didn't see the first time watching it.

Rich, try clearing your cache or temporary files in your browser and replay it. Either you have slow connection or something else clogging up the speed of the video.

glenn bradley
11-17-2013, 4:17 PM
Video looks great here.

This does make me flashback to the car crash scene in Demolition Man though :D:D:D. We've already made cars so that any nincompoop can drive one. This could help protect the cyclists from them ;)

Garth Sheane
11-18-2013, 1:05 PM
I have to admit that I tuned out a bit when they said cars are so yesterday, bicycles are the future. For them, maybe. Seemed like a naive, politically correct statement. If they want to invent a product that improves safety for cyclists and make millions of dollars, I'm all for that. But if they are going to market the product as "bicycles good - cars bad", they've lost me.

Scott Shepherd
11-18-2013, 1:15 PM
I have to admit that I tuned out a bit when they said cars are so yesterday, bicycles are the future. For them, maybe. Seemed like a naive, politically correct statement. If they want to invent a product that improves safety for cyclists and make millions of dollars, I'm all for that. But if they are going to market the product as "bicycles good - cars bad", they've lost me.

I think you need to put that in context on where they are located. The vast majority of Europe isn't like the USA where they have multiple cars and people drive 1/2 mile to the convenience store to get a drink. They do a tremendous amount of walking and riding of bikes in Europe in general, so from their standpoint, it's probably a really accurate statement. From a global perspective, it's not true everywhere, but from their perspective, it's quite accurate.

Jim Rimmer
11-18-2013, 1:27 PM

I agree it seems like a great idea but some of the comments were out of place. What was the point of the female managers and a rooster?

Larry Browning
11-18-2013, 1:46 PM
I also agree that bicycles are huge in Europe, especially northern Europe. I have visited both Sweden and Finland on business. At each of our plants there, they had very large bike racks that were covered and full of bikes, while the parking lot was half empty.

Also, this morning I was reading technology news and ran across an article about this very thing. It is being marketed in Europe and is selling for around $600 USD. The article also said it was a one time use product, with battery powered sensors. I'm thinking it going to be a pretty hard sell in the US. But I think it is a great idea that is going to need a lot of refining and cost reduction before it has a chance in the US. This one seems to me like it is a perfect candidate for the TV show Shark Tank.

curtis rosche
11-18-2013, 2:12 PM
This would be awesome to upgrade for motorcycle use, have it built into a proper riding jacket. it could work for the initial impact but it would have no protection while sliding to a stop

David Weaver
11-18-2013, 2:13 PM
It looks like someone's head could bottom out while using it, but I guess that's just a matter of getting the pressure right.