PDA

View Full Version : I love my comics

Ole Anderson
11-17-2013, 8:22 AM
OK, it's Sunday morning and I am reading my favorite comics online, as I do each morning. Reading the comics every morning while I eat breakfast is one of my indulgences in the less serious side of life as we usually know it. I have a good friend that only reads the serious articles in at least three printed newspapers each day. He retired early and has no hobbies, nothing. All he does is read newspapers, listen to talk radio and TV and watch old movies. Ok, not all bad, but not the life I enjoy. Sometimes I feel a bit shallow when I enjoy my comics so much. Do I care what anybody thinks? Not really. Here is my problem: Most of my comics (sixteen of them) are available on GoComics.com where they allow you to set up favorites and make the experience easy and repeatable. But seven of them (Beetle Baily, Blondie, Crankshaft, Curtis, Hagar the Horrible, Mother Goose and Grimm and Zits) are not available on GoComics so I view them on ArcaMax.com, the only other service I have been able to find. Problem is that ArcaMax keeps changing formats, has popup ads and doesn't have a favorites setup as far as I can find so you have to scroll a long list to find each comic. I know, it's a tough life. Sooooo, anybody else out there a comics junkie that has found a better comics hosting website? And, no, I don't want them emailed to me, thank you.