PDA

View Full Version : GK Weike laser turning off on its own?

Neville Stewart
11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I have a GKW 100w that was acting wierd today. I was able to cut no problem, but when I left the machine idle, it would turn off and the LCD screen would go blank. When I turned the key/switch off and back on it would run the file just fine. It went off about 3 times. Never happened before. Any ideas?

Dave Sheldrake
11-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Weird!! Lose wire maybe Nev? afaik there isn't a dead mans switch system in those machines so that leads me to think wiring.

As an after thought, do you have a chiller attached to it? if so does it have the 3 wire safety overload lead on it?

cheers

Dave

Kev Williams
11-17-2013, 12:39 PM
In my 59 years on this planet, I've had more key switches fail than marriages. (several more actually!)

As I think about it, not just key switches. Toggle, rocker, turn-knob, whatever- they go bad.

Just my 2 cents-

Neville Stewart
11-17-2013, 1:12 PM
Well it's happening today, but I notice when I press any button the LCD it "wakes up" so perhaps it did this all along but because I send a command to the machine I didn't notice. No other apparent side effects though. Ok just sent a "run box" from computer and screen didn't wake, but head moved, then I touched LCD and it lights up. Minor issue I hope. I'll update. Machine is about 3 yrs old I'd guess. Same Reci tube too. Pretty good I'd say.

Roy Nielsen
11-17-2013, 7:01 PM
Well it's happening today, but I notice when I press any button the LCD it "wakes up" so perhaps it did this all along but because I send a command to the machine I didn't notice. No other apparent side effects though. Ok just sent a "run box" from computer and screen didn't wake, but head moved, then I touched LCD and it lights up. Minor issue I hope. I'll update. Machine is about 3 yrs old I'd guess. Same Reci tube too. Pretty good I'd say.

Neville,

You might try timing how long it takes from end of use to sleep to see if it seems consistent.

Roy

Alexa Ristow
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
My leetro has a screen saver setting as far as I remember. Found it by accident also

John Bion
11-18-2013, 2:20 AM
I have two G Weikes. One came pre-set with the screen saver 'on' and the other did not, this is a setting that can be altered. The only hassle I find with the screensaver is that occasionally if you want to 'pause' the job urgently, the button has to be pushed twice, once to wake the screen up and a second time to pause it, this can lead to missing the pause when you need it. I hope your problem is no more than a screensaver.
Regards, John