PDA

View Full Version : Banners at shows

John Terefenko
11-16-2013, 9:19 AM
Was thinking once again the other day about the use of a banner on my display table. I thought about this many years ago and was actually going to do something with scrollsawn items and lettering in it being I am a scroller but never had the time. I am talking about one that can be hung from the front of a table. My shows do not always lend themselves to be able to hang them behind me or above me.
My question is does anyone use this type of advertising on your tables at shows or do you use other forms of advertising and if so photos would be greatly appreciated.
If you use any type banner where did you get it and is it custom made?? Thanks for the input.

charlie knighton
11-16-2013, 2:25 PM
octoberfest 2013, not sure where the club had the sign made up, but we use it at events

Bill Huber
11-16-2013, 2:43 PM
I was in a kite club a few years ago and we had 2 banners made to fit on the front of a table.

We had them done at Fast Sigh, and if I remember the cost was really not that bad.

John Beaver
11-16-2013, 3:21 PM
I think identifying yourself is important. I use a banner and some photos, so people can see what's in the booth from afar. Even with the third wall, you can look up and see the photos as you walk by. The name banner draws a lot of attention. Just vinyl printed banners from kinko's mounted on hard board.

Keith Outten
11-16-2013, 4:51 PM
John,

Assuming you use a standard 6 foot folding table you can make a wooden knock down frame that clamps on the ends of the table. Your frame can be tall enough so your banner can hang up high, thus providing much better visibility.

Use our Friends of The Creek Directory, there are lots of Members here who make banners and you are more likely to get some good advice on the design from one of our Members.

charlie knighton
11-16-2013, 10:11 PM
John Beaver

can you crop the picture and give us a closeup of the bracelets??????????

John Beaver
11-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Here you go Charlie

charlie knighton
11-17-2013, 3:21 PM
thanks John, i had the feeling that they were special

Pat Scott
11-18-2013, 2:22 PM
Nice looking display setup John. The display table legs are hinged, right? How are the legs attached to the top?

It looks like melamine covered particle board. If so I bet that's heavy and a bugger to cart around. But stable due to it's weight.

John Beaver
11-19-2013, 9:59 AM
Nice looking display setup John. The display table legs are hinged, right? How are the legs attached to the top?

It looks like melamine covered particle board. If so I bet that's heavy and a bugger to cart around. But stable due to it's weight.

Thanks Pat. The legs are hinged. There are grooves underneath the tops that the legs sit into, and then screws hold them all together. They're painted plywood so not too unbearable on the weight. The whole set-up slides into four flat boxes and is very easy to transport.

Lee Koepke
11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Those are nice John! I made one bracelet, but thats it so far. Mine was pretty boring walnut, I just aint doin it right!