PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Belt Sanders

Henry Kramer
11-15-2013, 7:12 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Porter Cable 371 and the 371K? I even did a comparison on the Porter Cable website and the specs were the same.

Jason Roehl
11-15-2013, 7:14 AM
Without looking anything up right now, but going on what I've known of P-C tools in the past, the "K" designation is for a "kit", usually just the addition of a plastic, blow-molded case.

Stephen Cherry
11-15-2013, 7:25 AM
Without looking anything up right now, but going on what I've known of P-C tools in the past, the "K" designation is for a "kit", usually just the addition of a plastic, blow-molded case.

" The 371K ships with 3 80-grit belts, dust port, removable auxiliary handle and carrying case. "

Rick Potter
11-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Henry,

Sorry, I didn't see your post until I had written mine on this sander a few hour later. Mine is a sort of review of it.

Rick Potter

Bill Huber
11-15-2013, 1:08 PM
Henry, you will really like that little sander, I have one and it is great, just the right size. It is not a belt sander to remove a ton of wood like a big one is but it is also much easier to use and not dig into the wood at times.

Henry Kramer
11-15-2013, 1:24 PM
Thanx all for the responses. The K for kit makes sense and Kits wasn't one of the categories on the P/C comparison list.