PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pictures

Steve Trauthwein
11-14-2013, 1:22 PM
Hello,

I have been trying to upload a couple of photos to see if I can get a piece of wood Id'd. Is there a problem
with the site? It won't up load photo. Is there a way to delete photos that have already been uploaded?

charlie knighton
11-14-2013, 2:08 PM
did you resize the picture to fit in the limits to be uploaded????????

John Keeton
11-14-2013, 2:33 PM
Steve, I usually resize any pics prior to upload. You might want to review this thread - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?25115-How-to-Attach-Images-Inline

As far as deleting pics, you should be able to do that within 24 hours, but after that, a moderator or administrator would need to do it. If you have successfully uploaded pics, they should show in your post.

BTW, sometimes the File Upload Manager will minimize on your screen, making it disappear the instant it opens. Check to make sure that has not happened, and if it has, you can maximize it to bring it back up.

Steve Trauthwein
11-14-2013, 3:15 PM
The picture I have tried to upload is under 50kb. I do have 80 pictures uploaded in total, could this be the problem?

Regards, Steve

John Keeton
11-14-2013, 3:39 PM
Steve, I merged the two threads - no use starting a new thread. You are limited to 8 pics per post, but there is no limit to the number of pics one can upload over time. I suspect many of us have hundreds of images uploaded.

Without "being there" I am at a loss. I would suggest you restart your computer and perhaps that will alleviate some of the situation and give you a fresh start.

Steve Trauthwein
11-14-2013, 3:41 PM
Thank you,

Regards, Steve

Steve Trauthwein
11-15-2013, 6:27 AM
I have tried to up load a 25k file after defraging, cleaning and rebooting my computer. The system works to the point of the symbol showing action but it will run like this indefinitely and not load the picture. Any suggestions?

John Keeton
11-15-2013, 9:04 AM
Steve, I have had that happen in times past and chalked it up to a bad cyber connection. Ultimately, it resolved within a couple days. But, beyond that, I have no idea. Obviously, it is on your end as you are able to post (therefore your status on SMC is good) and others are uploading. Wish I could help more, but my cyber knowledge is pretty limited.

Steve Trauthwein
11-15-2013, 3:53 PM
I posted the photos on the WOW site without a problem. My cyber knowledge leaves much to be desired as well.

Regards, Steve

Bill Huber
11-15-2013, 4:12 PM
After you hit the upload image you are getting this window, correct.
You select your image from the computer and then what happens?

It could be a java problem, check to see that you have the latest java.

Steve Trauthwein
11-16-2013, 6:09 AM
I thought that might be the problem also so I updated java and adobe then rebooted the computer. After I hit the upload I get the cycling image that shows that action is being taken, it just never ends.

Regards, Steve

John Keeton
11-16-2013, 6:23 AM
Do you have access to another computer? If you can successfully upload from there, then at least the problem is isolated and not involving your SMC status.

Thom Sturgill
11-16-2013, 6:55 AM
Try clicking on the "Basic Uploader" link. That worked for me, but then again I run Linux....

Steve Trauthwein
11-17-2013, 5:51 AM
I will try another computer. Basic Uploader is the link I used.

Regards, Steve

Scott Hackler
11-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Steve, are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer? I have had issues with it on certain sites and fond that Chrome or Firefox worked perfectly. Don't know for sure what's going on with IE but I would surely download Chrome and try it to see if that is your problem.

Robert Zeis
12-01-2021, 7:46 AM
I tried to find way to delete photos from my post, but I find no mention. Can I get some advice? Also, when I uploaded the pics, they were rotated and I wanted to straighten them out. Thanks.

Barry McFadden
12-01-2021, 8:40 AM
Don't you have to be a "contributor" in order to post or view photo's?

Keith Outten
12-01-2021, 11:33 AM
You have 24 hours to edit any thread or post that you create here. After that you need to ask a Moderator or Administrator for assistance. Make sure you include a link to the post you want them to edit.

Robert Zeis
12-02-2021, 8:22 AM
Hi Keith, I tried to delete the pics again this morning. Within the 24 hr time limit and had no luck. There is no option when in the edit area for the post pics to delete.