PDA

View Full Version : Give em 'ell Tomahawks

Brian Ashton
11-14-2013, 6:13 AM
Most of you will have no idea what rugby league (nothing at all like rugby union - much more Neanderthal where complete meatheads, and I mean meatheads, run at each other without any real plan of action other than to destroy the line of opposing players). But at present the rugby league world championships are underway in the UK. And! the USA Tomahawks (this is their debut on the world stage) have made it to the quarter finals, winning all their qualifiers even though they were considered real underdogs… They meet australia in the quarter finals and all I can say is, I'll strip naked and paint my house in the stars and stripes if they beat the convicts!!! I mean if the USA beats the convicts there will be a parliamentary committee set up to investigate who needs to be killed…

Paul Wunder
11-14-2013, 7:51 AM
So, apparently our team has been flying "under the radar" with an Indian related name. If they do win the championship. after the dust settles down, some groups in these U.S. will demand a name change so as to eliminate the appearance of racial/ethnic bias. That will cause a lot of political noise here. Also, if we win your house will look weird and peoples lives will be at stake due to your government's displeasure.

Hmm, what to do, what to do.

Please send us pictures of your house after the tournament. BTW skip the obituaries.

Mike Cruz
11-14-2013, 8:09 AM
Skip the pics of you PAINTING the house, too! That might be TMI... :D

Frederick Skelly
11-14-2013, 9:43 PM
Too funny Brian. Do send pics of the house, post-game. BTW, when is the big game?
Fred

Don Morris
11-17-2013, 3:31 AM
Years and I mean years, ago, the US of A won the world soccer championship, if I remember correctly. So it's not impossible. Our hockey guys did it. Go Tomahawks!

Chris Parks
11-17-2013, 3:38 AM
Most of you will have no idea what rugby league (nothing at all like rugby union - much more Neanderthal where complete meatheads, and I mean meatheads, run at each other without any real plan of action other than to destroy the line of opposing players).

I think that you credit RL players with more brains that what they actually have, they are about the same level as Gridiron players. :eek:

Tim Morton
11-17-2013, 6:44 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/rugby-league-world-cup-australian-kangaroos-thrash-us-tomahawks-620-in-quarterfinal-20131117-2xoa6.html